Windows 10: Unrealistic Drive usage

Discus and support Unrealistic Drive usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows 10 shows 83 GB free of 231 GB in C drive (which contains windows) When I select all the files and folders in c drive and click on properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by surinderrawat, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Unrealistic Drive usage

My windows 10 shows 83 GB free of 231 GB in C drive (which contains windows)
    When I select all the files and folders in c drive and click on properties to show me combined space it shows only 63GB

where is rest of my drive space is getting used ?

Unrealistic Drive usage [​IMG] Unrealistic Drive usage 606da21f-8ace-4a23-b5db-e1af17f98bf8?upload=true.png

:)

surinderrawat, Jul 21, 2019
  2. little cat, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Mismatched Space Usage

The cause of this is due to the filing system the storage device is formatted in.

You may try to fix read-only error with the following simple instruction.

Step 1: Click on your "Start Menu", type cmd in the search bar, then hit "Enter".

Step 2: Type command diskpart and hit "Enter". A new command line window will open.

Step 3: Type list disk and hit "Enter". (make sure your devices has been listed out, for example, it is listed as disk 0)

Step 4: Type the command select disk 0 and hit "Enter". Now you've removed the read-only attribute from the storage devices. Type
    exit and hit "Enter" to leave the DiskPart utility.

If the suggestion above doesn't work in your case, try to correct Read-Only error by reformatting.

You can just use a reliable third-party partition reformatting tool like
    MiniTool Partition Wizard

Be sure to copy any and all file from the drive as all the data on the drive will be erased. This can be a simple task or a long undertaking depending on the size and usage of the storage device, but is a necessary and important step.

PeterPeng3, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Unrealistic Drive usage

Google Claims Hard Drives Don’t Fail Because of High Temperature or Usage

One common argument in the world of computing is that high temperatures make hard drives more likely to fail, and the same is said for high usage levels. However, when conducting internal research, search giant Google suggests that this is only true for hard drives in their first months of operation or once they are over five years old. According to Google, there are so many other variables that the biggest factor in the lifetime of hard drives is actually the model itself rather than the conditions. In fact, Google saw a trend suggesting that drives are more likely to fail at lower temperatures or extremely high temperatures, and generally speaking, hard drives failed less as temperature increased (until these extremes were reached). As for high usage, the research showed that hard drives only seem to be affected by high usage in the first months or after it is five years old, and other than that the rate of failure was the same as drives in low-usage environments.

Source: TG Daily

Jimmy 2004, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Unrealistic Drive usage

1. Unrealistic Drive usage - Similar Threads - Unrealistic Drive usage

2. Disk usage maxed on Maxone drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk usage maxed on Maxone drive: I really don't know where else to ask this to get an answer, what happens is when I interact with the drive at all be it opening a file or folder, or copying something. Anything except highlighting or hovering over something freezes the drive and anything that was using the...
  3. C drive 100% usage and crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive 100% usage and crash: Whenever I’m running an intense game like warzone or rust my computer will freeze and crash. I have had my task manager open before crashes and it shows my c drive spiking to 100% then my computer crashes. The most common bsod I get is Whea_uncorrectable_errorBut recently I...
  4. slow copying with 0% usage on drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slow copying with 0% usage on drives: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Noodle_nose [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqhyyi/slow_copying_with_0_usage_on_drives/
  5. D Drive Usage Bar Lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive Usage Bar Lost: After Getting Virus My D Drive Usage Bar Lost And I Tried To Reset My Pc But It Only Reset C:/ Drive I Cant Use Things Like Disk Management / System Restore Please Help I NEED HELP!...
  6. 100% Hard Drive Usage

100% Hard Drive Usage: I did a reset on my laptop and it took more than three hours to finish the reset. And after the reset my hard drive is taking 100% of usage allways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-hard-drive-usage/ad56032e-8213-4046-a4c5-3c12c0d4c8db
  7. Disk Drive Usage at 100%

Disk Drive Usage at 100%: HI everyone, I just recently built my first PC and it's running great except I'm consistently getting 100% disk drive usage when I start up my computer or start a new application. I didn't notice it until I opened task manager about a week after getting the PC up and running...
  8. Hard Drive Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive Usage: C: folder says there is 48.2 GB used. If I select all the folders and files, including hidden, on C: it says 40.7 GB used. Where is the other 7.5 GB? When I first set up windows, I had 69 GB+ (128 GB HD) unused, now it says 54.8 GB, where is all this stuff at? 154830
  9. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive: Hello Dear Sir how can i solve this problem can you guide me to fix this problem please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-100-usage-of-hard-drive/3be20a83-290a-4cbd-8f49-7f7264b3fa06
  10. Ntoskrnl disk usage on secondary drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ntoskrnl disk usage on secondary drive.: I'm on Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.253) and i'm getting low disk usage on my secondary (D:) and (E:) drives, the disk usage is low but it's very audible as I can hear my Hard Disk Drives reading/seeking, my OS drive is a SSD. The disk usage happens at random and...