Windows 10: Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump

Discus and support Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; please see the image. [img] it was 10gb of log file... i saved 1 file hostdump_mem_log_100002d5_47138187.log - Google Drive any ideas? windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by icaruswing, May 8, 2020.

1. Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump

icaruswing, May 8, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 8, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 8, 2020
  4. Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump

1. Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump - Similar Threads - Unreasonable folder size

2. Data folders unreasonably large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data folders unreasonably large: So my C: storage was filling up, and I wanted to find the reason. I found my user folder to be around 10GB large. However, I checked every single subfolder within the said folder, and the numbers don't add up. In fact, none of the subfolders even got to a gigabyte-level data...
  3. Data folders unreasonably large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data folders unreasonably large: So my C: storage was filling up, and I wanted to find the reason. I found my user folder to be around 10GB large. However, I checked every single subfolder within the said folder, and the numbers don't add up. In fact, none of the subfolders even got to a gigabyte-level data...
  4. Data folders unreasonably large

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Dump: My computer has been creating more dump files lately. Can anyone help me to fix this?Thank you. 0:002> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  6. Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???: I have 32GB DDR4-3200 memory, and for quite some time, my system has been using over 10GB of it, even when I'm doing nothing. When I check all the processes running, and add up their memory usage, I only see it showing around 1.25GB total in use by processes, so what is using...
  7. Photos' Unreasonable Memory Usage (Bug?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos' Unreasonable Memory Usage (Bug?): [ATTACH] I opened photos to look at a couple things, and it showed me all pictures which it had detected a smile in. This isn't the problem (although I don't like it), the issue really is that I believe it was putting all of these pictures into memory or using another...
  8. Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Dump: Hello, My system has been crashing several times in the past two hours and I don't know anything about memory dump. I've uploaded the memory dump files to onedrive. Can I have someone on here take a look at them? Isaiah...
  9. Dump size

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dump size: If dump file is big how they automatically uploaded in to microsoft, when windows error report is created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dump-size/f328c48c-bcf9-48a7-9c69-e1c909c9c4de"
  10. Memory dump

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory dump: Does anyone have an idea what this means The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80f1d427218). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...