Windows 10: UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

Discus and support UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 256 GB SD card on which I have loaded thousands of zip-filed photos. Now, for whatever reasons, that SD card has not only become unreadable,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamKeil, Apr 30, 2022.

1. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

I have a 256 GB SD card on which I have loaded thousands of zip-filed photos. Now, for whatever reasons, that SD card has not only become unreadable, but is completely unrecognizable by both the reader on my pc, and by my phone Samsung Galaxy Note20. Neither of these devices even recognizes that I've inserted anything in their slots. Most of the solutions offered by an online search require that the device first recognizes that an SD card has been inserted. I've even downloaded several different recovery softwares, but none of them can scan the SD card because none of them recognize tha

:)

WilliamKeil, Apr 30, 2022

2. Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Autoplay Settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults, select the option required from the drop down list for
      Removable drive and Memory card and close the Window.
    • Restart the system and check for status.
    I suggest you to try importing the photos using photo app as below and check if it helps.

• In the search box type photo.
    • Click on the photo app.
    • On the right hand top corner click on import option.
    • Before that you need to plug in SD card where you have saved the photos.
    Also refer the steps provided by
    Ruth Buruga
    replied on March 21, 2016 in the below link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-sd-card/3f4a557b-048f-4d0a-b660-ea5798ad07ca

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 30, 2022
  3. Photos and videos transferred to SD card no longer appear in photos

Hello,

We want to know more about the missing photos after upgrading your Windows phone. Please provide the following information:

• Have you tried to check if the photos were successfully backed up on the SD card before upgrading?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Michael Rey, Apr 30, 2022
  4. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

Transferring photos from sd card after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow bellows steps and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1:
    Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist refer to the below method.

Method 2: AutoPlay Settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Insert in the SD Card.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your SD Card settings, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    I also suggest you to install latest chipset drivers by downloading from the computer manufacturer’s website.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

1. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS - Similar Threads - UNRECOGNIZABLE CARD TRYING

2. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS: I have a 256 GB SD card on which I have loaded thousands of zip-filed photos. Now, for whatever reasons, that SD card has not only become unreadable, but is completely unrecognizable by both the reader on my pc, and by my phone Samsung Galaxy Note20. Neither of these devices...
  3. UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNRECOGNIZABLE SD CARD FROM WHICH I AM TRYING TO RESCUE PRECIOUS PHOTOS: I have a 256 GB SD card on which I have loaded thousands of zip-filed photos. Now, for whatever reasons, that SD card has not only become unreadable, but is completely unrecognizable by both the reader on my pc, and by my phone Samsung Galaxy Note20. Neither of these devices...
  4. Trying to recover deleted photo from SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to recover deleted photo from SD card: I have accidentally deleted 1 important photo from my SD card. I downloaded a couple different types of software that found a couple deleted photos quickly. When I try to open the recovered photos, the Photos app opens and it says "It looks like we don't support this file...
  5. Importing Photos from SD Card

Importing Photos from SD Card: Why are some of my pictures inverted when i import them on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-sd-card/a44b69e9-3973-43f7-9a8a-8077a02b6dcf
  6. import photos from sd card

import photos from sd card: sorry...I inserted the sd camera card in the desktop tower...I went to the picture app . did import... it will not allow the photo s to download. I just did this last month and all worked well. I don't understand why this time when I: went to the windows...
  7. I am currently unable to to download photo's from my SD card?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am currently unable to to download photo's from my SD card?: can not download photos from SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-currently-unable-to-to-download-photos-from/13921188-75d9-4041-b919-aba2e616b652
  8. Files in SD card unrecognizable

Files in SD card unrecognizable: So there are definitely heavy files on the SD card but somehow every time I try to recover files or try to open it it shows this error. Also note that the folder icons are faded. The SD card is V-GEN and is 2 GB [ATTACH]...
  9. Importing photos from an SD card

Importing photos from an SD card: When I import photos from an SD card, sometimes windows will break the photos up into two dates. So one half has (for example) December 10, 2019 and the other half has December 11, 2019. And to make it more interesting, the latter date hasn't even happened yet (the date...
  10. Uploading photos from an SD Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uploading photos from an SD Card: I am a photographer and I do not attach my camera to my PC. I take my SD card out to my card reader and put it into a USB. On Windows 7, on Windows Settings I preset it so the Folder would be put on my H:/Pictures I set Autoplay so when I did this a little window would...