Windows 10: Unrecognized devices

Discus and support Unrecognized devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone help me out w/this? Under Devices: I know what each of these are. Under Multimedia Devices: I do NOT know what the BDP-S3700 devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CJW, Dec 29, 2017.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Unrecognized devices

Can someone help me out w/this?

Under Devices: I know what each of these are.
    Under Multimedia Devices: I do NOT know what the BDP-S3700 devices are.
    Under Printers: I know what each of these are.

1. How do I find out what the BDP-S3700 devices are & if I really need them?
    2. Why is DIRECTV listed 3 times?
    3. Why is my printer (Canon MG7100 series) listed twice?
    4. Can I rename any of these listings?

:)

2. HP DVD DRIVE IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY WINDOWS 10

Are there any unrecognized devices shown in Device Manager? If it detects something but unrecognized, you might be able to apply a driver for it to the detected device.

Don Cuthbert, Dec 29, 2017
  3. 5GHz Wifi no longer showing

I didn't find an intel wifi card or an unrecognized device in device manager

Charbel Helayel, Dec 29, 2017
  4. fdegrove Win User

Unrecognized devices

Hi,

Isn't that a Sony BD player ?

One instance for the printer and another for its image scanner ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Pretty sure those are devices accessible from various media player servers and clients.
    BDP-3700 is most likely a blu ray player connected to your network.

ArnoldLayne, Dec 29, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    As stated, BDP is your Blu-Ray player connected Wired or Wirelessly to your internet network. Also Canon Printer is connected by WiFi and USB so, listed twice. Same for your DirecTV. None of these devices can be renamed.

spunk, Dec 31, 2017
  7. Kbird Win User
    One is the standard (local computer) Printer Driver , the Other is the Printer using the WS Protocol ( part of the WSD API ) and "advertising" itself on the Wireless network for all computers on the network to use even if drivers aren't installed locally..... you can print to either with the same result .

WS-Discovery - Wikipedia

If items are greyed out they are not currently connected or may have obtained a different IP address on the network , so Windows thinks it is a different device , setting a fixed IP address for that device may stop that happening...

Kbird, Jan 1, 2018
  8. CJW
    CJW Win User

Unrecognized devices

Thanks for the help everyone.

BDP-S3700 is indeed my Sony Blu-ray player. It connects to my network wirelessly, but I still don't understand why it's listed twice. When I check the Properties of each, the 1st one has a category of: Digital media renderer & the 2nd one has a category of: Entertainment device. Anyone know why?

As for the printer, it is connected to my computer by USB & it is also a wireless printer/copier/scanner; so you all must be correct. Same is probably true for DirecTV, since I have 1 main control box (living-room) & 1 satellite box (bed-room).

9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Probably once as a regulaur BD drive and the other instance as a media server via a USB port ?

Either way, I would not worry about if all works normally.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 10, 2018
  10. pyramid10 Win User
    The blue triangle signifies the 'play' button on most video-playing devices.

The musical symbol indicates songs in various formats can be accessed via the device.

The blu-ray player is capable of both, and the OS/manufacturer programmer chose to delineate both.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unrecognized devices

1. Unrecognized devices - Similar Threads - Unrecognized devices

2. After Downgrading back to windows 10, a bunch of unrecognized devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Downgrading back to windows 10, a bunch of unrecognized devices: I use a HP Victus 16 as my laptop. I recently have been getting an error regarding my audio drivers that I hadn't had before on Windows 11, so I decided to downgrade to see if it would fix the issue. It did fix the audio issue, but I can no longer use my trackpad or my...
  3. After Downgrading back to windows 10, a bunch of unrecognized devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Downgrading back to windows 10, a bunch of unrecognized devices: I use a HP Victus 16 as my laptop. I recently have been getting an error regarding my audio drivers that I hadn't had before on Windows 11, so I decided to downgrade to see if it would fix the issue. It did fix the audio issue, but I can no longer use my trackpad or my...
  4. After Downgrading back to windows 10, a bunch of unrecognized devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB device unrecognized error after uninstalling MalwareBytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device unrecognized error after uninstalling MalwareBytes: After uninstalling MalwareBytes, my external hard drive is basically bricked. This is across every port and computer, so the issue is purely related to the drive. I've tried the hardware troubleshooter, defaulting bios settings, almost every fix involving device manager,...
  6. USB device unrecognized error after uninstalling MalwareBytes

USB device unrecognized error after uninstalling MalwareBytes: After uninstalling MalwareBytes, my external hard drive is basically bricked. This is across every port and computer, so the issue is purely related to the drive. I've tried the hardware troubleshooter, defaulting bios settings, almost every fix involving device manager,...
  7. USB device unrecognized error after uninstalling MalwareBytes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]: Hello,I have a USB Saitek X45 Stick and Throttle game controller that I can't get recognized on my PC. The controller works on a different computer. The PC, controller and desired game are from early 2000s.I have the original drivers and software, along with the newest...
  9. Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]

Unrecognized USB Device Code 43 with Saitek X45 Stick [Windows 7]: Hello,I have a USB Saitek X45 Stick and Throttle game controller that I can't get recognized on my PC. The controller works on a different computer. The PC, controller and desired game are from early 2000s.I have the original drivers and software, along with the newest...
  10. how do I remove an unrecognized device from my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I remove an unrecognized device from my account: I tried everything I can think of, I see no option to remove . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-unrecognized-device-from-my/bf7465fe-d070-4012-81a5-947f9d89cfb1