Windows 10: Unrecognized disk drive

Discus and support Unrecognized disk drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a strange problem : one of my disks has 2 partitions (G: and H:) When I look at Disk Management, they are both displayed but I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sfleury, Oct 13, 2018.

1. sfleury Win User

Unrecognized disk drive

Hello
    I have a strange problem : one of my disks has 2 partitions (G: and HUnrecognized disk drive :)
    When I look at Disk Management, they are both displayed but I can only open H:
    I get a "refused access" when I try to open G:
    I open a comman windows as administrator - There I can access G:, list its content ...
    I ran Chkdsk on G: No problem detected
    I can even copy some folders from G: to another disk
    So the disk and the partition are not corrupted
    But as soon as I exit from the Command windows, the access to G: is refused (within Explorer, within a "normal" command window ...)
    Any idea to fix this ? Thanks Have a good day

:)

sfleury, Oct 13, 2018

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Unrecognized disk drive

Disk defragmenter shows two unrecognized hard disk drives but disk management does not show them

Disk defragmenter shows two unrecognized hard disk drives but disk management does not show them. Wonder why? Any help?

Unrecognized disk drive e6626333-76f5-44ff-93ef-4fec014ee727.jpg

Unrecognized disk drive 0c01cb66-9708-4896-8dd5-1acbb5542997.jpg

mr-live-in, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Unrecognized disk drive

1. Unrecognized disk drive - Similar Threads - Unrecognized disk drive

2. unrecognized charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unrecognized charge: I have a charge on my card that I dont recognize. 279.74 on 2/26/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-charge/226dd5a3-4415-4bbc-b901-b27818620dd7
  3. unrecognized charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unrecognized charge: I have a charge on my card that I dont recognize. 279.74 on 2/26/2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrecognized-charge/226dd5a3-4415-4bbc-b901-b27818620dd7
  4. unrecognized charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unrecognized charges: I got a charges 108 dollars from microsoft which I never buy. I try to my credit card company and no help. I tried to check with my account but no history. I need your help....
  5. Unrecognized Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unrecognized Hard Drive Partition: So I went to defrag my drives the other day and saw this new volume that I'm not sure about. Does anyone have any info as to what this might be? I have system recovery disabled and I tried wiping the restore points thinking it was something like that but it's still in my...
  6. Unrecognized external Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unrecognized external Hard drive: I have a 4TB hard drive that was previously setup in a Shuttle OMNINAS KD20 NAS with another 4Tb drive. In the NAS they were setup as JBOD. One day you could see the files on the drives, the next day you couldn't. I pulled both drives and attempted to recover the files using...
  7. Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running

Windows 10 Seagate 1TB Hard disk unrecognized and not running: I was downloading a game on steam using the sea gate hard drive as the steam library folder because there wasn't enough space on my computer. I accidentally moved the cable, resulting in the hard disk being disconnected. Now the disk doesn't appear in my files, and the hard...
  8. Unrecognized folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognized folder: Good day. during the process of selecting a folder to save a word file, I came across a folder that I have never seen before. Can you tell me what it is please? I pasted it below. I also left the data string out just in case it is suppose to be private. Thanks....
  9. The primary hard disk becomes unrecognized

The primary hard disk becomes unrecognized: I was having problem connecting to Wi-Fi (it said "Can't connect to this network") so I restarted my laptop. It shut down without any problems, then after the BIOS screen wasn't Windows but the screen in text mode with "Reboot and select proper boot device...". After...
  10. Unrecognized disk drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unrecognized disk drive: Hello I have a strange problem : one of my disks has 2 partitions (G: and H:) When I look at Disk Management, they are both displayed but I can only open H: I get a "refused access" when I try to open G: I open a comman windows as administrator - There I can access G:, list...