Windows 10: Unregistering shell DLL's from command script

Discus and support Unregistering shell DLL's from command script in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to unregister shell extension DLL's from a command script? Whenever I run "rundll32 /u path\to\whatever.dll" command lines from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meh, Mar 24, 2017.

1. MEH
    meh Win User

Unregistering shell DLL's from command script

Is it possible to unregister shell extension DLL's from a command script? Whenever I run "rundll32 /u path\to\whatever.dll" command lines from a script, I always get the error:

I've tried running the script from an elevated command prompt window, and I've tried specifying the full \syswow64 and \system32 paths to rundll32.exe. I'm not going to modify registry permissions to get this to work.

I have several shell extensions that I would like to automate the unregistration of, because doing it manually is a hassle.

:)

2. Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Ok. You have a software named OldNewExplorer (OldNewExplorer64.dll) in your computer, which I think injects into Explorer to remove the ribbon.
    See if you can remove it via Programs and Features (Right-click Start > Programs and Features)

Look for entries related to:

1. OldNewExplorer

2. StartIsBack

Or if you locate the file "OldNewExplorer64.dll", you may try unregistering it from Command Prompt (Admin). To unregister the module:

regsvr32 /u OldNewExplorer64.dll

include the full path.. must be in a folder under Program Files.

If DllUnRegister succeeds, restart Windows.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 24, 2017
  3. MichielO Win User
    " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action." Error in Windows 10.

Thanks for the reply, here's the output, hope this helps finding the origin of the problem.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}

(Default) REG_EXPAND_SZ @%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-22067

MUIVerb REG_EXPAND_SZ @%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-37411

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}\InProcServer32

(Default) REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll

ThreadingModel REG_SZ Apartment

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}\shell

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}\shell\open

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}\shell\open\command

DelegateExecute REG_SZ {52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}\shell\OpenNewWindow

MUIVerb REG_SZ @shell32.dll,-37411

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}\shell\OpenNewWindow\command

DelegateExecute REG_SZ {52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open

MultiSelectModel REG_SZ Document

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command

(Default) REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe

DelegateExecute REG_SZ {11dbb47c-a525-400b-9e80-a54615a090c0}

MichielO, Mar 24, 2017
Thema:

Unregistering shell DLL's from command script

1. Unregistering shell DLL's from command script - Similar Threads - Unregistering shell DLL's

2. Script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a...: Windows 10Hello Is it possible to write a script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a single small .exe Snap2HTML.exe over and over again while stating the program parameters. I wish to use a small program called Snap2html...
  3. Power Shell Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Shell Command: After I sign in to power shell as admin and run my sign on info I then use this command: It works but does not give me Job Title information. The column is there but the data is not. Should I be using a different command?Get-User -ResultSize Unlimited select...
  4. Power Shell Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Shell Command: After I sign in to power shell as admin and run my sign on info I then use this command: It works but does not give me Job Title information. The column is there but the data is not. Should I be using a different command?Get-User -ResultSize Unlimited select...
  5. Power shell script

in Windows 10 Support
    Power shell script: Not sure where to post this. Can anyone tell me what this does. C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy UnRestricted function IJ($A) {$L = $Null;Get-ChildItem $A -Recurse -Depth 1 -ErrorAction 'SilentlyContinue' | ? {$_.extension -eq '.lnk'}...
  6. What is RegAsm.exe? How to Unregister a DLL Using RegAsm.exe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is RegAsm.exe? How to Unregister a DLL Using RegAsm.exe?: [ATTACH]In this post, we explain what is RegAsm.exe, how to register or unregister a DLL using RegAsm.exe, and how RegAsm.exe is different from Regsvr32.exe. What is RegAsm.exe in Windows 11/10? RegAsm is the short form of Register Assembly. RegAsm.exe is a genuine component...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC: The following is a bug I wish to report regarding the Windows 10 20H2 release:Following the 20H2 update to my laptop and several desktop machines, a .Net developed dll disappeared from the GAC under system\Microsoft.Net\Assembly\GAC_MSIL. The dll was still installed and the...
  8. 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC: The following is a bug I wish to report regarding the Windows 10 20H2 release:Following the 20H2 update to my laptop and several desktop machines, a .Net developed dll disappeared from the GAC under system\Microsoft.Net\Assembly\GAC_MSIL. The dll was still installed and the...
  9. command shell at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command shell at startup: hey guys, when I boot my pc dekstop doesn't appears after the Windows 10 logo, instead I get a command shell windows which I use to type "explorer.exe" to start the graphic interface How can I resolve? I already tried to put Explorer.exe in the auto start up programs but it...
  10. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files: This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10.... Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files Can someone update this so it works in win10? 63680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [Window Title] shell:::{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1} [Content]

2. {5220fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}

3. Shell:::{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}