Windows 10: Unreliability of Cortana reminders

Discus and support Unreliability of Cortana reminders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone else found Cortana's reminders to be unreliable? For no apparent reason reminders that I set don't ring. Also reminders that I've had set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfred001, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Unreliability of Cortana reminders

Has anyone else found Cortana's reminders to be unreliable?

For no apparent reason reminders that I set don't ring. Also reminders that I've had set to ring daily and which DID ring daily for a long time all of a sudden stopped for no reason that I can see.

Does anyone know why this may be happening? Could it be the updates doing it for some reason?

:)

Alfred001, Jun 1, 2017
  2. croivo Win User

Cortana's reminders don't work

If I ask Cortana "Remind me in 2 minutes to turn on TV", she recognize what I sad and she MAKE a reminder. However, after 2 minutes, she doesn't remind me!

Same thing is if I ask her "Remind me to turn on TV next time I come home", nothing happens when I come home.... Very unreliable....

Even if I go manually 'Cortana's notebook' > reminders and make a reminder there manually, nothing happens when the time for reminding me comes!

Anyone having same problem? Any ideas?

croivo, Jun 1, 2017
  3. JeffS33 Win User
    Cortana reminders not syncd between PC and Windows Phone

I am on the latest Windows 10 update for PC (a Surface Pro 2) and Windows Phone 8.1 on my Lumia 830. I have been using Cortana reminders on the phone for some time, and I expected them to appear on the PC too - but they don't. Reminders set on the PC do
    sync to my other desktop PC with Windows 10, but never get to the phone.

I have seen announcements that this should work (as of course it should), but it definitely doesn't - at least for me.

Reminders have generally been reliable on the phone (though not 100% which is poor), but are definitely unreliable on the PC, to the extent that I won't be using them yet.

It is disappointing that this basic functionality is not working - or am I alone?

JeffS33, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Xilnik Win User

Do your reminders still exist? I found that if I dismissed my reminders, sometimes it would dismiss and delete them.

Most of my reminders work pretty well, especially now that I also use the Cortana app on my smart phone. I unfortunately have noticed that the reminders for meetings across town tell me about the meeting at the time of the meeting instead of using my location to provide enough time for me to get there. Thankfully, I didn't trust Cortana enough to do so in the first place, so I have not been late to meetings yet.

Xilnik, Jun 1, 2017
  5. Alfred001 Win User
    I can see that at least some of them are still there. I can see multiple reminders that are supposed to be daily ones that are no longer appearing and are sitting in the list with a check mark next to them. What gives???

Alfred001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unreliability of Cortana reminders - Similar Threads - Unreliability Cortana reminders

2. Cortana Reminders Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Reminders Disappeared: The last time I used Cortana it had a menu that I could choose to see all my reminders. Today that menu is gone. How do I see the reminders I have set?[ATTACH]...
  3. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  4. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  5. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  6. cortana reminder not working

in Cortana
    cortana reminder not working: I am not a minor so why isn't the cortana reminders working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder-not-working/5cc96a20-c408-4490-8b8f-3600cba45bf9"
  7. Cortana remind me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana remind me: I updated to Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and all is fine except for Cortana Remind Me. When I try to do anything the black Remind Me comes up but it promptly disappears on any action. I added another user account and Remind Me works OK in it. I had 4 Remind Me's in the previous...
  8. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  9. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  10. Cortana speeh reminder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana speeh reminder: I've just bought a windows phone, as recommended in the shop, to have it remind me each day, at the same time, to take my tablets. I need it to do this via speech. Basically, each day at 1pm I want it to say "Take your tablets it is 1pm". I don't want any snooze periods...