Windows 10: unreliable waking from hibernate/sleep since 2004 update, Win10 Pro x64 AU

Discus and support unreliable waking from hibernate/sleep since 2004 update, Win10 Pro x64 AU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I have an old i4670 Win10 Pro x64 which has been dead set reliable for 5 years or more ... until circa the Win10 2004 update. The PC has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dw123456789dw, Jun 29, 2020.

1. unreliable waking from hibernate/sleep since 2004 update, Win10 Pro x64 AU

Hello.

I have an old i4670 Win10 Pro x64 which has been dead set reliable for 5 years or more ... until circa the Win10 2004 update.

The PC has always been set to hibernate when it's idle for 10 mins, to save power.

It's been reliable, like an atomic clock ... until now.

A java app and wakes it from hibernate by setting wake timers, to do certain things at certain all-over-the-place times of the day and where the wake-up times change every day.

Since the update, the PC only randomly wakes but more often than not stays in hibernate.

I've
    - re-flashed the bios and reset its options
    - wiped and fresh clean-installed Win10 Pro x64
    - turned hibernate off and on loads of times
    - checked powercfg -lastwake and powercfg -waketimers that the wake timers set do look ok yes
    - tried using sleep instead of hibernate no change, it remains in sleep
    - reset power scheme relevant settings unset then set to ensure they "stuck"
    - checked Event Logs nothing bad shows

It just just doesn't wake reliably since the Win10 2004 update – more often than not it just stays asleep/hibernates.

Any one else experience anything like this after the Win10 2004 update ?

Advice would be appreciated.

I wondered if it was just old h/w – but to buy cheap bits and a win10 license costs circa AU$800 to AU$1,000 to get just about the same spec, even when re-using the old case, psu, gpu. Wow.
    That's a lot of money to drop on just a hope new h/w would fix the not-waking-up issue.

:)

dw123456789dw, Jun 29, 2020

2. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your effort there, however I use both sleep and hibernation modes. I need to be able to wake the computer from sleep mode using the keyboard or mouse but I don't want hibernation to behave like sleep mode waking at every mouse or keyboard touch.
    I would be happy to have hibernation never wake until I press the power button (although it also seems like a reasonable idea for it to wake to do overnight updates and then go back into hibernation, but I don't know how to make it go back to sleep afterwards).

My older Windows 10 PC does not wake from hibernation with the keyboard or mouse movement and I haven't been able to find out why my new PC does. The older one also wakes from hibernation at night for windows updates but then stays on until morning. I don't
    want either of them staying on after updates.

I'm sorry if I'm expecting too much with a couple of different questions there.

Many thanks!

Phil

Phil qwerty, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jun 29, 2020
  4. unreliable waking from hibernate/sleep since 2004 update, Win10 Pro x64 AU

BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation

Any suggestions?
    This BSOD is continuing and happening more frequently...
    It has to point where it is pointless to sleep/hibernate as it crashes everytime when waking up... having to shutdown everytime and booting up takes ages

ccman12345678, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

unreliable waking from hibernate/sleep since 2004 update, Win10 Pro x64 AU

1. unreliable waking from hibernate/sleep since 2004 update, Win10 Pro x64 AU - Similar Threads - unreliable waking hibernate

2. Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up: Every time I leave my hardwired PC running Windows 10 since the update, it goes into hibernation or something. I can hit keys, move the mouse, etc, and the screen remains black. The only thing that gets my screen back is holding the power button for about 2-3 seconds,...
  3. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  4. Win10 will not wake from sleep mode, potentially after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 will not wake from sleep mode, potentially after 2004 update: This has only been an issue for the last few months as I rarely use sleep mode, but I noticed some time after the Windows 10 version 2004 update that my system would no longer wake up after being placed in the sleep state. When attempting to wake the system up from sleep, my...
  5. No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep OR screensaver since update to 2004: I updated my PC to Version 2004 and since then, even though I have a screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes, nothing happens. I tried sleep yesterday as an option. It worked once, but never again. I looked at the update and can see no uninstall of it. Is there a...
  6. Windows 2004 - Wakes from sleep and hibernate 2/3 of the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 2004 - Wakes from sleep and hibernate 2/3 of the time: So, I have a fresh install of 2004 and whenever I put it on sleep or hibernate, the system will come back online after a few hours. Either at the lock screen, or just at the windows loading animation frozen there. First thing I do when I format PC's is modify the power...
  7. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep: In Windows 10 version 1909, how do I prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep? I don't want my PC to wake from mouse and keyboard movements, but I am maybe okay for it to wake to install updates but if it does this, I'd like it to put itself back into...
  8. BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation

BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation: So for the past few weeks I have been experiencing issues with waking up from either hibernation or sleep mode. Whenever I prompt the laptop to wake up (either WOL, using a usb device, power button) the display either hangs and takes a solid 2 minutes to display the log on...
  9. BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate: Hello! I have BSODs after waking my computer up. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8.1. Waking from hibernate generates Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. Waking from sleep generates mostly IRQ NOT EQUAL. Could you please help? Thanks! 41620
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576