Windows 10: Unremovable work profile appearing in login screen?

Discus and support Unremovable work profile appearing in login screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past few days, a new profile has appeared on my login screen. It's been a pain, as I'd had my login screen disabled and my computer set to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hamroids, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Hamroids Win User

Unremovable work profile appearing in login screen?

For the past few days, a new profile has appeared on my login screen. It's been a pain, as I'd had my login screen disabled and my computer set to boot right to the desktop. But now with the second profile, that no longer works. The second is not my main Microsoft account, but is my work account. I assume it's appeared because I've downloaded and logged into Microsoft Teams.

I'd like to get that user account to stop showing in the login screen so I can go back to booting directly to desktop. However, the new account doesn't show in either Control Panel > System > System Properties > User Profiles, nor in netplwiz. The only place I can see it show up is in Settings > Email & accounts. And in this screen, it does not have the option to remove, only to manage. From Manage I could sign out everywhere, but I don't know if that would fix it. And if it does, I'm not sure if it wouldn't come right back when I log into Teams next, as I have to use it daily while working from home.

To clarify, I've never logged into that account as a Win10 account on this device. I've only used the account to log into Teams and work from home, but that's been done on my primary login account.

Any help would be super appreciated.

:)

Hamroids, Aug 29, 2020
  2. txstoby Win User

Login screen does not appear

Sometimes, like half of the time, when I put my laptop in sleep mode, it fails to wake up enough to display the login screen. I must do a hard restart in order for it to appear so that I may login.
    Any suggestions?

txstoby, Aug 29, 2020
  3. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Hi Vicki Longnecker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the complete error message that you get when you try to login to your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any other administrator user account on the computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

Also, you can try launching the On-Screen Keyboard from the sign-in screen by selecting the
    Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard. Type the password using the On-Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to login to your computer.

I have gone through your post and it appears that this issue could be due to a
    user profile corruption or an existence of a temporary profile. In order to get clarity on this issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps below.

I suggest you to first Start your PC in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login to your computer.

If you are able to login to your user account in Safe Mode, then go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on the C: drive (drive where Operating System is installed) >
    Users folder. In the Users folder, check for any profiles with an unusual name or if there is a profile named as Temp and please reply us with the result.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Unremovable work profile appearing in login screen? - Similar Threads - Unremovable profile appearing

2. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  3. Login Screen WILL NOT appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login Screen WILL NOT appear: My machine boots to display the time, with the Power, Accessibility and Internet buttons down in the corner........But I cannot get the screen to appear to allow me to type in my password.What changed? I was having issues with Windows Hello, so I did a fresh install while...
  4. Login screen has apparently unremovable login error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen has apparently unremovable login error: As show in the photo below, when I restart my computer a failed login attempt where apparently I hit the enter key before I finished typing my email address shows up and has been there for months. This is not a user name so it doesn't show up in the control panel to be...
  5. Login screen has apparently unremovable login error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen has apparently unremovable login error: As show in the photo below, when I restart my computer a failed login attempt where apparently I hit the enter key before I finished typing my email address shows up and has been there for months. This is not a user name so it doesn't show up in the control panel to be...
  6. Login screen has apparently unremovable login error

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wireless Profiles not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Profiles not working at login screen: Strange issue, that I have found that is effecting many devices in our environment. PC's will not longer save a wifi profile for "All User Profile", instead it saves the profile as "Current User Profile". This causes two issues, 1 After sleep of reboot wireless is...
  8. Wireless Profiles not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Profiles not working at login screen: Strange issue, that I have found that is effecting many devices in our environment. PC's will not longer save a wifi profile for "All User Profile", instead it saves the profile as "Current User Profile". This causes two issues, 1) After sleep of reboot wireless is...
  9. Login screen with no profiles to sign into

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen with no profiles to sign into: My computer just updated (I'm assuming) to the anniversary edition, and I occasionally have sign-in problems. I normally have my computer set to sign in automatically, but when I turned on the PC this morning, it didn't. It went to the sign-in screen, but there was no way to...
  10. Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work: Yesterday my laptop start up really slowly and i tried to disable all services through msconfig then restart it, the problem appear here. I cant login because login screen not appearing i tried to safe mode with Shift + restart, Shift F8 and F8 but doesnt work. I hope you...