Windows 10: unrequested code to reset password message

Discus and support unrequested code to reset password message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting an e-mail from Microsoft with a code to reset my password. I have never requested one. The address I am receiving it from is legit:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stefafra, May 23, 2020.

1. stefafra Win User

unrequested code to reset password message

I keep getting an e-mail from Microsoft with a code to reset my password.
    I have never requested one.
    The address I am receiving it from is legit:

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    and I checked my login activity from the last couple of months and the weirdest one I see is

ProtocolPOP3
    IP: ------------
    Account alias:
    ------@--------.com
    Time15/05/2020 01:54
    Approximate location: China
    Type: Unsuccessful sync
    Look unfamiliar?
    Secure your account

If I click on "secure your account" I get a "Don’t worry. This sign-in attempt was unsuccessful, so there is no need to change your password.Learn how to make your account more secure"

Anyone else got the same? Well, actually I have seen a few on the forum, and everyone says "ah, phishing attempt", but a phishing attempt from a Mocrosoft address is a bit odd, ther emust be something else.

:)

stefafra, May 23, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, May 23, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. unrequested code to reset password message - Similar Threads - unrequested code reset

2. unrequested single use code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unrequested single use code: Recently my computer was hacked. I have had all of my banking information changed and had my computer professionally cleaned. However I am continuing to receive emails with single use codes. I have not requested these codes with the exception of one dated 7.31.23 at at 4:26...
  3. unrequested single use code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unrequested single use code: Recently my computer was hacked. I have had all of my banking information changed and had my computer professionally cleaned. However I am continuing to receive emails with single use codes. I have not requested these codes with the exception of one dated 7.31.23 at at 4:26...
  4. unrequested single use code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password reset code

Password reset code: I received an email from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> they sent me a password reset code. Why was this sent to me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-reset-code/a02bf7c8-4d1f-4388-a4e3-962b57f802de
  6. daily unrequested Microsoft Account Password Reset codes

daily unrequested Microsoft Account Password Reset codes: I've received emails nearly every day for the past week from the Microsoft account team with a code to reset my password. I have not requested a code, so I'm not sure why I keep receiving these messages. 1. This appears to be a legit email from Microsoft, not a phishing...
  7. Password Reset Code Requests

Password Reset Code Requests: I'm getting daily password reset code requests, one a day. Is it possible that someone is sending out requests to multiple addresses and typing in random numbers hoping for a match? Even if the chance is one in 10 million, if they are sending out 10 million requests a day,...
  8. Unrequested outlook.com password reset emails

Unrequested outlook.com password reset emails: Hello, I keep getting outlook.com password reset emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on my secondary email address, which I did not request. I also see unsuccessful Sync attempts from China in my activity log. Is there any way to stop these mails...
  9. Unrequested access code

Unrequested access code: I just received a text with an access code I did not request. I have made no changes Is my account safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unrequested-access-code/e9951ea6-a504-46e4-9ee4-877303f5c94d
  10. unrequested download

in Windows 10 Support
    unrequested download: I am no computer expert but I consistently rejected Microsoft's 'invitation' to dump windows 7 with which I was quite happy in favour of 10. However, a couple of weeks ago my laptop simply stopped and reconfigured with 10. Not only was I unable to complete important work for...