Windows 10: unrequested download

Discus and support unrequested download in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am no computer expert but I consistently rejected Microsoft's 'invitation' to dump windows 7 with which I was quite happy in favour of 10. However, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JCAClarke, Jun 20, 2016.

1. JCAClarke Win User

unrequested download

I am no computer expert but I consistently rejected Microsoft's 'invitation' to dump windows 7 with which I was quite happy in favour of 10. However, a couple of weeks ago my laptop simply stopped and reconfigured with 10. Not only was I unable to complete important work for few hours, but now I'm constantly interrupted by a search popup. All my photographs and videos have been reorganised and shifted somewhere and each time I go to Word I'm faced with lists of things I've used/visited. This is supposed to be helpful?? I don't think so.

What annoys me most is that Microsoft simply ignored my request and went head and reconfigured anyway. Not a fan.

Did this happen to others?

JCA

:)

JCAClarke, Jun 20, 2016

2. My theme settings are changing

Since Windows 7 and now Windows 10 my themes are changing unrequested. I have a saved theme but Windows changes it all the time back to a different setting. What can be done?

Henri Kunemann, Jun 20, 2016
  3. MarkDendy Win User
    Win 10 unrequested shutdown/sleep

Beginning 10/2017, my desktop shuts down or sleeps on its own. It happens on or off line. I've read about unrequested restarts, but not my problem. The incidents are becoming more frequent (six times in the past half hour this morning). Any suggestions?

MarkDendy, Jun 20, 2016
  4. cbwilsha Win User

unrequested download

At the Desktop, press the Windows key , type Settings and press Enter. Click on Update and Security, Recovery, Rollback to Windows 7 and press Get Started. Your computer will be returned to exactly the way it was before the upgrade.

cbwilsha, Jun 20, 2016
Thema:

unrequested download

1. unrequested download - Similar Threads - unrequested download

2. Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.: Why do I receive these unrequested codes??"We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account. Your single-use code is: 7032964 If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your email address...
  3. Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.: Why do I receive these unrequested codes??"We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account. Your single-use code is: 7032964 If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your email address...
  4. Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unrequested single use code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unrequested single use code: Recently my computer was hacked. I have had all of my banking information changed and had my computer professionally cleaned. However I am continuing to receive emails with single use codes. I have not requested these codes with the exception of one dated 7.31.23 at at 4:26...
  6. unrequested single use code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unrequested single use code: Recently my computer was hacked. I have had all of my banking information changed and had my computer professionally cleaned. However I am continuing to receive emails with single use codes. I have not requested these codes with the exception of one dated 7.31.23 at at 4:26...
  7. unrequested single use code

8. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  9. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  10. When will MS bullies stop forcing updates or forcing 3rd party connections and unrequested...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will MS bullies stop forcing updates or forcing 3rd party connections and unrequested...: When will MS mafia stop bullying me with forced updates, 3rd party back-ups? If I wanted my files saved to the cloud or outside my device, I will tell you, you monopolising scoundrels!! Wonder if Apple is this domineering? Maybe I should find out and abandon MS mafia....