Windows 10: Unrequested Task Switch

Discus and support Unrequested Task Switch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My PC has recently started changing the display without a request. This involves what is normally activated by pressing ALT Tab and switching between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kashegan, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Kashegan Win User

Unrequested Task Switch

My PC has recently started changing the display without a request. This involves what is normally activated by pressing ALT Tab and switching between displays. Does anyone have a similar issue or can explain what may have caused this behavior? Better still, does anyone know how to stop it happening? Thanks Windows 10 Pro. Version 1909. Build 18363.1500

:)

Kashegan, Jul 3, 2021
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 3, 2021
  3. After getting the latest W10 update my taskbar clicks fail to switch to the task

Hi Jim,

To isolate the issue, please provide us with the following information:

• How are you trying to switch tasks from the taskbar?
    • What happens when you try to switch tasks?
    • Are there any error messages that appear when you switch tasks? A screenshot or a video capture of the issue will also help.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Jul 3, 2021
  4. MarkDendy Win User

Unrequested Task Switch

Win 10 unrequested shutdown/sleep

Beginning 10/2017, my desktop shuts down or sleeps on its own. It happens on or off line. I've read about unrequested restarts, but not my problem. The incidents are becoming more frequent (six times in the past half hour this morning). Any suggestions?

MarkDendy, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

Unrequested Task Switch

1. Unrequested Task Switch - Similar Threads - Unrequested Task Switch

2. unrequested single use code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unrequested single use code: Recently my computer was hacked. I have had all of my banking information changed and had my computer professionally cleaned. However I am continuing to receive emails with single use codes. I have not requested these codes with the exception of one dated 7.31.23 at at 4:26...
  3. unrequested single use code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unrequested single use code: Recently my computer was hacked. I have had all of my banking information changed and had my computer professionally cleaned. However I am continuing to receive emails with single use codes. I have not requested these codes with the exception of one dated 7.31.23 at at 4:26...
  4. unrequested single use code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unrequested background music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unrequested background music: In my video I have added custom audio, but in one of the songs there is unrequested background music bleeding through. Why, and how can I remove it? I have deleted the affected audio file and reloaded it, but the unasked for background music still comes through....
  6. Unrequested background music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unrequested background music: In my video I have added custom audio, but in one of the songs there is unrequested background music bleeding through. Why, and how can I remove it? I have deleted the affected audio file and reloaded it, but the unasked for background music still comes through....
  7. Task View screen switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View screen switching: I'm mostly using Task View to switch between windows. My issue is I'm using it only with keys and I can't seem to find any way to switch between screens with keys. It can of course me done using the mouse, but I'd like to use keys for this when I can.I know using the regular...
  8. Unrequested window resizing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unrequested window resizing?: How do I stop open app windows from resizing when switching users no logout in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unrequested-window-resizing/2e76afac-6d76-467e-9152-7ab060aeb428
  9. Unrequested access code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unrequested access code: I just received a text with an access code I did not request. I have made no changes Is my account safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unrequested-access-code/e9951ea6-a504-46e4-9ee4-877303f5c94d
  10. unrequested download

in Windows 10 Support
    unrequested download: I am no computer expert but I consistently rejected Microsoft's 'invitation' to dump windows 7 with which I was quite happy in favour of 10. However, a couple of weeks ago my laptop simply stopped and reconfigured with 10. Not only was I unable to complete important work for...