Windows 10: Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute

Discus and support Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I’ve recently come across a major problem with my HP Envy 2020 that I recently bought regarding being able to click and run applications. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yh_chow, Feb 6, 2021.

1. yh_chow Win User

Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute

Hi there,

I’ve recently come across a major problem with my HP Envy 2020 that I recently bought regarding being able to click and run applications. I went home over Christmas and the computer was working amazingly, but since I’ve moved, I struggle to even run a program.

In the 1st minute of booting up there is no problem. But after that minute it begins to buffer on the task bar and does not load applications. Running applications such as netflix still show the film working, but i cannot close or move the tab. The background ocassionally turns white if I press the applications too many times, but returns back after a while.

I’ve done the following to see what problems there have been:

- Boot up in safe mode, check for updates or problems, none?

- Defrag drives

- Checked for updates for drivers and system

- Scanned computer on bootup in F2 mode, component scan seemed to be fine

- Analysed task manager performance, no abnormality in performance or power usage.

If anyone has any help at all, please let me know! Thanks!

:)

yh_chow, Feb 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute

1. Unresponsive applications and buffering taskbar after a minute - Similar Threads - Unresponsive applications buffering

2. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications: Hi all, I would be so grateful for any assistance with this issue. I have been experiencing an issue where my taskbar is unresponsive. This happens the first time that I boot my computer when it "wakes up" and even randomly when I am using the computer. When the taskbar...
  3. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications: Hi all, I would be so grateful for any assistance with this issue. I have been experiencing an issue where my taskbar is unresponsive. This happens the first time that I boot my computer when it "wakes up" and even randomly when I am using the computer. When the taskbar...
  4. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Unresponsive: Hello. I have been facing issues with my taskbar as described in a previous query here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-fully-unresponsive/018d41a7-ea1a-4689-b6fd-7c912fc26053My issue, however, is that after having followed said...
  6. taskbar is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar is unresponsive: Same thing is happening to me right now. I went out yesterday and bought a new case and aio to replace what I was currently using from a old prebuilt. The build was seemless until I turned it on, I got into windows just fine. After I enter my pin it took at least 3 minutes to...
  7. Unresponsive applications after System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive applications after System Restore: Good day! I did a system restore last February 3 with my Acer Nitro 5 Model AN515-43-R6DJ because a verified third party application downloaded from a secure source failed to launch after the said application's update failed midway. After reinstalling the third-party app,...
  8. Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes

in Browsers and Email
    Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes: I have this peculiar problem: When i use Google Maps in my browser, i can click around, search and zoom but after a few minutes Google Maps becomes unresponsive and just "hangs". The browser tab indicates that the page is loading. Sometimes the problem goes away after a few...
  9. Unresponsive Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Taskbar: Edition is Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 If further information is needed about my computers' specs, they are listed and up to date. I have read various threads in separate forums on this site and was wondering if an update fix has been released in...
  10. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Unresponsive: After the past few times of logging into my pc, I have had some problems with the taskbar. It seems to be frozen, or "locked." The taskbar will not auto-hide, I cannot right-click on any programs, pressing the start button does nothing (this includes pressing the windows key...