Windows 10: Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time

Discus and support Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, After shutting down, putting my computer to sleep, or shutting the lid, My computer becomes entirely unresponsive. The power button does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sa Jeel, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Sa Jeel Win User

Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time

Hello,
    After shutting down, putting my computer to sleep, or shutting the lid, My computer becomes entirely unresponsive. The power button does nothing, the lights to indicate it is plugged in are dark, the computer seems to be dead. After a random period of time, ranging from 1 to 9 hours, It comes back to life as if nothing had happened. It seems to be similar to the Hibernation/Sleep problems but significantly magnified. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Asus G751 i7 nvidia gtx 970m
    ~

:)

Sa Jeel, Sep 29, 2015

2. HP ALL IN ONE TOUCH SCREEN COMPUTER FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 FROM W7 ..... NOW I HAVE RANDOM BLACK SCREENS!!!!!!

As my title says it all ...... no idea why these random Black Screens are happening ....... I can be using my computer for HOURS or 15min and a RANDOM black screen will happen. EVERYTHING is unresponsive even the main power button. I have to pull the power
    cord to shut the computer down and restart. As i type this letter I am nervous that i will not finish before a RANDOM BLACK SCREEN happens!!!!!!

RickPrevallet, Sep 29, 2015
  3. computer shutting down at random times

using windows 10.

my computer will shut down own it's own at random times. most of the time I have to turn off the power before I can reboot

these are the messages I cot this time it did it

stop code: page fault in non page area

what failed: win32kbase.sys

DanielWest1, Sep 29, 2015
  4. Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time

Hi need more information

How old is the Laptop
    Has this problem only just started
    Was it like it before you installed windows 10
    Have you checked in Settings Power Options
    The more you can give back the more likely we may be able to help you

hTconeM9user, Sep 29, 2015
  5. Sa Jeel Win User
    The laptop was purchased brand new in july, The problem started occuring about 2 weeks ago. I have only observed the issue 4 times. The issue was not there before installing windows 10

Sa Jeel, Sep 29, 2015
  6. Sa Jeel Win User
    Ok the system is now back operational. Going through the system event log
    Event 1074 carried out by User32 to shutdown is followed 7 seconds later by event ID 42 Source Kernel-Power with the description
    The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: Application API
    I belive this to be the problem or a key variable to uncovering the problem

Sa Jeel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time

1. Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time - Similar Threads - Unresponsive dead shut

2. Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?: HiI recently bought a Toshiba Encore Mini, I've always wanted to mess around with a Windows 8.1 tablet, but it has serious problems. It seemed to be working ok, but I noticed the battery will not charge. It's been at 0% all day, then It just randomly started shutting down....
  3. Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?: HiI recently bought a Toshiba Encore Mini, I've always wanted to mess around with a Windows 8.1 tablet, but it has serious problems. It seemed to be working ok, but I noticed the battery will not charge. It's been at 0% all day, then It just randomly started shutting down....
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random Shut Downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shut Downs: Hello, I recently built a PC(System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC, F2 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker) about a little over a month ago and recently I have been having a weird problem. First off, when building it there is a...
  7. Random "Shutting down.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random "Shutting down..": Hi guys! I'm seekig for help I have a few computers having the same issue.. They randomly shut down.. (with the Shutting down screen) There are no temperature issues.. what should I try to do? (the pc's are publicly used) submitted by /u/xnevenx [link] [comments]...
  8. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  9. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  10. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC unresponsive and unexpectedly shut down

2. computer unresponsive after sleep