Windows 10: unresponsive desktop

Discus and support unresponsive desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i recently rebooted my laptop using the cloud method, and now my desktop somehow doesn't technically exist?I can still drag files and folders on to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexMatthews1, Apr 25, 2021.

1. unresponsive desktop

So i recently rebooted my laptop using the cloud method, and now my desktop somehow doesn't technically exist?I can still drag files and folders on to my desktop, but when I try to save something directly to my desktop i get a pop up saying that it doesn't exist? even my cmd doesnt know it's there? any idea whats going on?

:)

AlexMatthews1, Apr 25, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 25, 2021
  3. dwhite75 Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop intermittently unresponsive

I am on my 3rd Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop on 2 different computers (ASrock MB custom built).
    All three have become intermittently unresponsive as follows:

• Typing along and it skips strokes leaving missing characters.
    • Hitting the same key several times in a row with no response for several seconds and then typing the same character repeatedly.
    • No response even after several seconds or even a minute. Only fix is to unplug and reinsert the USB receiver. Then it is good to go for a while.

The steps I have taken to resolve are as follows:

• Using Window 10 64 bit with all updates applied.
    • Installed the latest version of the keyboard software from the Microsoft site
    • Located the receiver less than 24" away from the keyboard using a USB extension cable

I love this keyboard and mouse so this problem is very troubling. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it successfully.

Dave

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

dwhite75, Apr 25, 2021
  4. unresponsive desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

unresponsive desktop

1. unresponsive desktop - Similar Threads - unresponsive desktop

2. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop: If the pc is already running then I restart the computer, the next time I reach the desktop, no programs function anymore not even shutdown, restart. I can't open any programs/app AFTER 10-15s upon reaching the desktop. During that 10-15s period I can open any program fine,...
  3. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop: If the pc is already running then I restart the computer, the next time I reach the desktop, no programs function anymore not even shutdown, restart. I can't open any programs/app AFTER 10-15s upon reaching the desktop. During that 10-15s period I can open any program fine,...
  4. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...: Windows 10 ProAMD Ryzen 9 5900xMAG X570 Tomahawk wifi moboEVGA 3080 FTW3 UltraGSkill Trident 2x16GB RAMSamsung 970 EVO plus SSDI have a desktop that I've built that is about 3 years old and this past few months have been crashing frequently. I would leave the computer on over...
  6. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...: Windows 10 ProAMD Ryzen 9 5900xMAG X570 Tomahawk wifi moboEVGA 3080 FTW3 UltraGSkill Trident 2x16GB RAMSamsung 970 EVO plus SSDI have a desktop that I've built that is about 3 years old and this past few months have been crashing frequently. I would leave the computer on over...
  7. My desktop crashes/becomes unresponsive when left idling, I've tried all the basics but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  9. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  10. Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop: For the last day or two I've been seeing this small icon on my desktop. It's less than a quarter the size of a normal icon which I've placed next to it for size comparison. Has anyone seen anything like this before?If I left-click or double-click on it, nothing happens. If I...