Windows 10: unresponsive freezing pc

Discus and support unresponsive freezing pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; for about 1 month now, my pc has been freezing out of no where and I cannot seem to figure out a fix or the issue. What happens is that first, a video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnsonChan1, Apr 20, 2021.

1. unresponsive freezing pc

for about 1 month now, my pc has been freezing out of no where and I cannot seem to figure out a fix or the issue. What happens is that first, a video that I am watching stays stuck on buffering, a league of legends match become unresponsive my friends say that I disconnected from the game, i can hear my friends on discord perfectly fine for about 10 seconds until i cannot hear them they cannot hear me and discord says I am on 5000 ping and my spotify loops audio. After about 20 seconds from the start of the problem, my pc would freeze completely. no bsod and a force shutdown is required. My internet connection would also be connected but no internet secured. Anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it.

Specs: Ryzen 5 2600, MSI Radeon rx570, 2 sticks of corsair vengeance rgb pro, asrock b450 steel legend mobo, and corsair cx650m psu

Internet connection is connected by a 5 year old wifi adapter do not know if this is what causes it but wifi is completely stopped when this happens Also, one day, this scenario happened to my pc 2 times in the span of 5 minutes from disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi adapter which has never happened before.

OS Build: 19042.867 with 20h2

Small update: I ran a sfc /scannow just now and it found corrupted files and sfc fixed them but still the same issue.

:)

AnsonChan1, Apr 20, 2021

2. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

The next step is to eliminate the errors on your device that's causing it to freeze or become unresponsive. To do this, we suggest that you run
    DISM to restore any corrupted or missing components on your device. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link
    and refer to the article of ZigZag3143, skip the
    SFC
    scan and proceed to DISM.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Apr 20, 2021
  3. contant short freezes on tablet

Hi Nedim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because programs hangs and freezes on tablet.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Please answer the query, mentioned below, for a better understanding of your issue:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?
    The first step is to identify the category of issue you are facing. We will define four categories of behavior for PCs that become unresponsive, as follows:

1. Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive whenever you do a specific set of steps, and you must restart to recover the PC.

2. Random Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive seemingly at random, and you must restart to recover the PC.

3. Generic Freeze: Your PC becomes unresponsive for a period of time, and then becomes usable again without taking any action. You don't need to restart your PC for it to be usable again. This behavior seems to affect all apps.

4. Single-app Freeze: Your PC exhibits the same behavior as a Generic Freeze, except that it only occurs when running a specific app, such as when playing a game or browsing websites.

For further assistance and more information, I would suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check, if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Apr 20, 2021
  4. unresponsive freezing pc

PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

unresponsive freezing pc

1. unresponsive freezing pc - Similar Threads - unresponsive freezing

2. Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup: Hello, Im having trouble Loading/Starting up games roblox and valorant are the ones if tested so far every time I seem to try to start them they are unresponsive and never load sometime if I'm lucky enough, valorant loads up to the lobby but even then it doesn't respond to...
  3. Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Shooting game. Game freezes/is unresponsive to startup: Hello, Im having trouble Loading/Starting up games roblox and valorant are the ones if tested so far every time I seem to try to start them they are unresponsive and never load sometime if I'm lucky enough, valorant loads up to the lobby but even then it doesn't respond to...
  4. System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.: HiMy config is:i9 9900K GPU GTX 1650 32GB RAM Motherboard GL10CS PSU-500W Windows 11.My system recently started this new issue in which system hangs unresponsive and black screen appears and after few minutes it restarts itself.This happens when I play games like EAFC24,...
  5. System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.

System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.: HiMy config is:i9 9900K GPU GTX 1650 32GB RAM Motherboard GL10CS PSU-500W Windows 11.My system recently started this new issue in which system hangs unresponsive and black screen appears and after few minutes it restarts itself.This happens when I play games like EAFC24,...
  6. Computer screen freezes nothing happens mouse keyboard unresponsive while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen freezes nothing happens mouse keyboard unresponsive while playing games: Problem descriptionAs title says, this issue happens to me while playing games. It seems to happen more often on every games. The screen freezes and the system is unresponsive. Mouse and keyboard are stuck too, I have to turn off system from CPU. I cannot replicate the...
  7. Computer screen freezes nothing happens mouse keyboard unresponsive while playing games

Computer screen freezes nothing happens mouse keyboard unresponsive while playing games: Problem descriptionAs title says, this issue happens to me while playing games. It seems to happen more often on every games. The screen freezes and the system is unresponsive. Mouse and keyboard are stuck too, I have to turn off system from CPU. I cannot replicate the...
  8. Computer screen freezes nothing happens mouse keyboard unresponsive while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.: My computer randomly freezes up when idle, or while playing Fortnite. It completely freezes up and I cannot do anything except shut down the computer via the power button....
  10. Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.

Computer randomly freezes up and becomes unresponsive, no BSOD, no error codes.: My computer randomly freezes up when idle, or while playing Fortnite. It completely freezes up and I cannot do anything except shut down the computer via the power button....