Windows 10: Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones

Discus and support Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello...This will probably earn me a hit in the nape, but I tried fixing a microphone issue.My Laptol dell g3 3579 with Nvidia GTX 1050 and Geforce had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noxvigil, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Noxvigil Win User

Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones

Hello...This will probably earn me a hit in the nape, but I tried fixing a microphone issue.My Laptol dell g3 3579 with Nvidia GTX 1050 and Geforce had this issue initially with a non-read microphone from a headset, something that I didn't notice until I was informed that my internal laptop microphone was working instead of my headset's, I tried to see if in the different configuration options for sound if it was possible to fix this, however to no avail I saw that my laptop didn't even register the different sound devices such as earphones or headphones properly. It played audio, so there was

:)

Noxvigil, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Az Har Win User

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Jun 1, 2021
  3. My earphones with mic only plays audio but doesn't record anything

You mention this is a set of headphones with a microphone.

The reason why it does not work is that the Headphone / Microphone combination you are using has a single 3.5 mm 4 pole plug that is unsuitable.

It does not have two 3.5 mm 3 pole plugs where the Green colored plug goes into the Green computer jack ( headphone ) and the Pink colored plug goes into the pink computer jack ( microphone ).

One Green for Headphone and one Pink for Microphone.

Computers work on 3 pole jacks.

One for Earphones ( Green ).

One for Microphone ( Pink ).

Frank N St31n, Jun 1, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

Problem with earphone jack and socket....

Seems odd. Lenovo's web site shows a standard 3.5 mm audio jack, at the same side (right) of the laptop as the optical drive. (It's listed as a combination jack, that can be used with either headphones or a microphone.)

You don't post which G50 model you have, although I get the impression that all of them have the audio jack.

If no jack is present, inexpensive USB to audio adapters are available. If you check amazon.co.uk, search "usb to audio" (without the quotes). You'll get many devices. The least expensive cost a bit more than one UKP.

bobkn, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones - Similar Threads - Unresponsive Jack headphones

2. Microphone being recognized as headphones in 3.5mm jack on Lenovo Ideapad 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone being recognized as headphones in 3.5mm jack on Lenovo Ideapad 3: So, I recently just got a microphone and I plugged into the headphone jack. The sound wasn't working, so I checked settings and it was recognized as headphones. I don't know how to fix this, PLEASE HELP!!...
  3. Microphone being recognized as headphones in 3.5mm jack on Lenovo Ideapad 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone being recognized as headphones in 3.5mm jack on Lenovo Ideapad 3: So, I recently just got a microphone and I plugged into the headphone jack. The sound wasn't working, so I checked settings and it was recognized as headphones. I don't know how to fix this, PLEASE HELP!!...
  4. headphone jack issue when connecting earphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone jack issue when connecting earphones: Hi,I have Windows 11 Inspiron 5584 which recently stopped supporting earphones when connecting them into headphone jack, and instead using the laptop's own speakers for sound when listening to music, watching movie, etc.the only time the headphones do have sound is upon start...
  5. Rear panel 3.5 mm microphone jack is very quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rear panel 3.5 mm microphone jack is very quiet: Hi!I've been using a headset with a splitter for headphones and microphone for quite a while now. I had the cables plugged in the rear panel jacks and they were working nicely, but recently when I tried to record myself on Voice Recorder I noticed that even though I could...
  6. problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone: my dell inspiron_3593 is not detecting earphone. I don't listen any sound on any earphone and headphones. Can you suggest me any drivers to install or any idea to fix it out. Thank you....
  7. Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected: My PC Specs Sony Vaio E sereis Windows 10 2004 Model - SVE1513cynb 3GB RAM Audio Chipset - Maybe Realtek When using Microsoft HD Audio Driver both Jack don't get detected But when I use Realtek HD Audio Driver Headphone Jack gets detected but when I put in headphone...
  8. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  9. Headphone jack not detecting earphones after plugged in

Headphone jack not detecting earphones after plugged in: Windows 10 Realted audio There was no problem till december, when i lastly plugged in my earphones. Yesterday, after plugged in, they were not detected by laptop and the song continued in speakers. I checked for drivers and even sound settings, but the only device showing...
  10. Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!

Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!: I have my headphones from my phone (it's an Allview P5Quad) and the problem is when I put the headphones at laptop the sound is distorted and i need to take them off a bit like 2 mm to have the right sound but on my brothers laptop when i put the headphones without take them...