Windows 10: Unresponsive Task Bar

Discus and support Unresponsive Task Bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Hogan2, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Unresponsive Task Bar

I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive after two minutes. Both the devices listed below reporting as woking normally yet they are showing errors - I have deleted and re-installed to no avail. I have tried to follow regedit instructions but they speak to editing a "usb" file - whereas on my system i have multiple variant usbaudio etc.. but none that are "usb".

:)

John Hogan2, Nov 23, 2022

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 23, 2022
  3. START BUTTON / TASK BAR UNRESPONSIVE

Just updated to build 10586 and now START BUTTON / TASK-BAR ARE OFTEN UNRESPONSIVE, also icons on Task-bar and Notification Area sometimes do not display. Might have to revert to build 10240 if a fix is not distributed soon.

Checked Windows feedback and others are experiencing the same issue.

Just Wondering if this is being experienced by members of the Microsoft Community and if there is any solution?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron - LynnSwerdfeger, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Unresponsive Task Bar

Unresponsive windows 11 task bar icons.

I have a windows 11 PC.

The problem is that when I installed the windows 11 upgrade. My task bar icons are unresponsive to touch.

Please help.

Brucehailey2, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Unresponsive Task Bar

1. Unresponsive Task Bar - Similar Threads - Unresponsive Task Bar

2. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my task bar unresponsive?: When I turn on my PC all my pinned apps are no longer pinned and when I place my cursor over the entirety of the taskbar, it shows a loading symbol and I'm unable to click on anything on the taskbar this involves the windows icon, the search bar and the things on the bottom...
  3. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my task bar unresponsive?: When I turn on my PC all my pinned apps are no longer pinned and when I place my cursor over the entirety of the taskbar, it shows a loading symbol and I'm unable to click on anything on the taskbar this involves the windows icon, the search bar and the things on the bottom...
  4. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unresponsive Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Task Bar: I have spent hours trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled mouse / keyboard drivers / chipset etc..... somehow after a while the task bar become unresponsive to mouse clicks. If I plug in a usb hub which works perfectly on an other PC the taks bar becomes unresponive...
  6. File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive: Whenever a second user logs in on my machine, they do not have access to FIle Explorer and the Task Bar is unresponsive. I am able to fix the issue by forcing the other account to sign off in the User portion of the Task Manager. If the initial account then logs back in, it...
  7. Right side of Task Bar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right side of Task Bar unresponsive: Whenever I try to click Action Center, Time & Calendar, Volume Mixer or Network Settings nothing happens. My System Tray, Start Button & All Program shortcuts are responsive. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Hootla [link] [comments]...
  8. Window 10 Task Bar Frozen/Unresponsive

Window 10 Task Bar Frozen/Unresponsive: Hi, I have been having this problem with windows 10 for a week now and just cant seem to figure out the solution. PROBLEM: The task bar at the bottom of windows 10 on my pc is frozen/unresponsive. The program icons which are normally there like Chrome and firefox are not...
  9. Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive

Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive: One of our other computers has a Windows 10 problem. When I hover over the task bar it does not respond. I cannot even open settings at this point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-is-unresponsive/01a8be50-2974-429d-8365-18f49cc1d96e
  10. Task bar unresponsive

Task bar unresponsive: Running windows 10 on my lap top. This morning it worked fine and now I cannot activate the start button, internet, type in search or view notifications. Ran virus software and cleaners to no avail. At a loss, usually pretty good with this stuff....