Windows 10: Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday

Discus and support Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a random window update yesterday 26/6, I could not interact with my taskbar nor open settings through shortcuts win i , so I could not revert the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by expolde, Jun 27, 2021.

1. expolde Win User

Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday

After a random window update yesterday 26/6, I could not interact with my taskbar nor open settings through shortcuts win i , so I could not revert the update. How can I fix this?

:)

expolde, Jun 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday

1. Unresponsive taskbar after Window update yesterday - Similar Threads - Unresponsive taskbar Window

2. PC Unresponsive after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Unresponsive after Windows Update: I updated and restarted my PC today, Jan 17 2021. After rebooting, I noticed that the task bar was not responsive - it shows the loading symbol when I put my cursor over it, and I cannot use the windows key to open either the Start menu, or use any shortcuts. I can access the...
  3. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Unresponsive: Hello. I have been facing issues with my taskbar as described in a previous query here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-fully-unresponsive/018d41a7-ea1a-4689-b6fd-7c912fc26053My issue, however, is that after having followed said...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive: [ATTACH] 1.The Battery, wifi, sound icon the bottom left of the screen are not working, when i click on them they should open like clicking the wifi icon should show list of available networks but it is not working The icon shown in the picture below also disappeared I...
  5. taskbar is unresponsive

taskbar is unresponsive: Same thing is happening to me right now. I went out yesterday and bought a new case and aio to replace what I was currently using from a old prebuilt. The build was seemless until I turned it on, I got into windows just fine. After I enter my pin it took at least 3 minutes to...
  6. Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows being Unresponsive after the Update.: I updated my windows to the latest version Feb Update both on my Desktop and Laptop, but my laptop became unresponsive after this update. I am having problems with my MS Accounts, I can only use 1 of my accounts, and the settings app is crashing after some time after we go to...
  7. No Sound After Yesterday's Update

No Sound After Yesterday's Update: Updated yesterday and now no sound. I tired 2 or 3 times to delete the devices and each time, except the last time, they were reinstalled without an issue. It's a Dell PC (desktop) and I believe it was a Realtek audio card. The only audo device that is now displayed is "2770...
  8. Unresponsiveness After Update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsiveness After Update?: This has been happening for a few days now: I believe after I've installed the April 2019 update for Windows 10, there are times where my computer will become unresponsive the first time I boot it up. By that, I mean it doesn't freeze up or anything, but whenever I click on...
  9. Unresponsive Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Taskbar: Edition is Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 If further information is needed about my computers' specs, they are listed and up to date. I have read various threads in separate forums on this site and was wondering if an update fix has been released in...
  10. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Unresponsive: After the past few times of logging into my pc, I have had some problems with the taskbar. It seems to be frozen, or "locked." The taskbar will not auto-hide, I cannot right-click on any programs, pressing the start button does nothing (this includes pressing the windows key...