Windows 10: Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

Discus and support Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I would be so grateful for any assistance with this issue. I have been experiencing an issue where my taskbar is unresponsive. This happens the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EnchantedUnicorn1, May 2, 2022.

1. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

Hi all, I would be so grateful for any assistance with this issue. I have been experiencing an issue where my taskbar is unresponsive. This happens the first time that I boot my computer when it "wakes up" and even randomly when I am using the computer. When the taskbar becomes unresponsive, opening another program or browser tab either is very slow to occur or will result in a freeze. There are no icons visible on my second monitor. On the main monitor, the taskbar may be hidden and there is only a spinning wheel located around my cursor when attempting to hover over the taskbar. Should the

:)

EnchantedUnicorn1, May 2, 2022
  2. Bailsss Win User

Computer Acting strange, Taskbar unresponsive at times, laggy applications, and more.

So I recently bought a tower for Christmas, and after logging on yesterday I noticed somw annoying things. Taskbar is almost always unresponsive, every once in a while it will work, sometimes freeing up when I press the window key, and sometimes when I move
    my mouse across the taskbar while it is unresponsive, it will pick up a pinned application and act like I'm dragging it until I click. Next is simple, but most easy programs like chrome have a laggy startup and is sometimes unresponsive. Lastly, I was having
    a problem where my mouse would become like this d-pad sorta thing, and wherever I moved my mouse from the point that it became thst D-pad, it scrolls in that direction, and it won't stop until I right click. I tried the basic stuff like restarting and running
    a cleaner, I don't know how to approach this problem anymore.

System Specs

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i7 6600k (3.4Hz)

Nividia GTX 1050 ti

16GB of RAM

Sorry I don't have full specs I'm writing off the top of my head, my computer is resrarting

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me, thanks.

Bailsss, May 2, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, May 2, 2022
  4. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, May 2, 2022
Thema:

Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

1. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications - Similar Threads - Unresponsive Taskbar Frozen

2. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  3. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  4. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laggy and unresponsive Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laggy and unresponsive Start Menu: [ATTACH] Hey all. Over the past few days I've realized that my start menu isn't acting at all how it's suppose to be. Unresponsive Start Menu and flickering Taskbar I'm not sure what has caused this... I use TranslucentTaskbar but closing the program still yields the...
  6. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  7. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  8. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications: Hi all, I would be so grateful for any assistance with this issue. I have been experiencing an issue where my taskbar is unresponsive. This happens the first time that I boot my computer when it "wakes up" and even randomly when I am using the computer. When the taskbar...
  9. Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive Taskbar + Frozen/Laggy Applications: Hi all, I would be so grateful for any assistance with this issue. I have been experiencing an issue where my taskbar is unresponsive. This happens the first time that I boot my computer when it "wakes up" and even randomly when I am using the computer. When the taskbar...
  10. Lock Screen Is Laggy and Unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lock Screen Is Laggy and Unresponsive: My lock screen is laggy and only wallpaper of lock screen is shown for many minutes. Then after some minutes, it responds. But it takes a lot of time! Sometimes it doesn't respond, the only option left with me then is to remove the battery and start it again! But I can't...