Windows 10: Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen

Discus and support Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad and touch screen are now unresponsive after getting a Windows update and a driver update. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArianaDurgadeen, May 16, 2021.

1. Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen

My touchpad and touch screen are now unresponsive after getting a Windows update and a driver update. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can I do to fix it?

:)

ArianaDurgadeen, May 16, 2021
  2. billyboi Win User

Touch screen unresponsive after driver update

Dell SX2210T Flat panel touchscreen monitor unresponsive to touch after Automatic update of "NextWindow driver update for NextWindow 1950 UCS Compliant Touch Screen" in Windows 10.10240 and Tech preview 10.10525.

This is the wrong driver for this touchscreen but I am unable to find a means of uninstalling it.

It is not listed in the list of installed updates.

The correct driver is shown in Device manager for the screen.

Any suggestions please?

billyboi, May 16, 2021
  3. Touch screen unresponsive after driver update

Hi,

A late response but I just got my Dell SX2210Tb touch screen working on Windows 10.

Initially the touch screen was detected by Windows 10 and installed under Human Interface Devices as the NextWindow 1950 UCS Touch Screen but it was unresponsive. Any attempt to update the driver didn't work and was met with the response that the best driver
    was already installed.

The answer was to change the default NextWindow 1950 UCS Touch Screen driver to a Generic USB Hub, as the Touch Screen USB device is hanging off that USB Hub.

1. Go to Start search bar and type Device Manager, open this

2. Look for the Human Interface Devices, and the NextWindow 1950 UCS Touch Screen listed there

3. Right click on the NextWindow 1950 UCS Touch Screen

4. Select Properties

5. Select the driver tab and Update Driver

6. Select Browse my computer for driver

7. Select Let me pick from a list

8. Select Generic USB Hub from the list and select Next

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Deedubster, May 16, 2021
  4. Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen

touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen

1. Unresponsive touchpad and touch screen - Similar Threads - Unresponsive touchpad touch

2. Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad: Dell XPS 15 9510 Win11 Home fully updated.There is a strange intermittent behavior.. occasionally the left half of the laptop screen is unresponsive to touchpad left or right clicks but the screen pointer can be moved with touchpad. The right part of screen is fully...
  3. Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 laptop screen partially unresponsive to touchpad: Dell XPS 15 9510 Win11 Home fully updated.There is a strange intermittent behavior.. occasionally the left half of the laptop screen is unresponsive to touchpad left or right clicks but the screen pointer can be moved with touchpad. The right part of screen is fully...
  4. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  5. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  6. Missing Wifi Icon, Flickering screen, Watchdog_Violation, Unresponsive Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wifi Icon, Flickering screen, Watchdog_Violation, Unresponsive Touchpad: ASUS TUF GAMING F15Everything at the same time is driving me crazy. I've had flickering screen since a few months into using the laptop. Flickering gets so bad it's like my laptop is possessed. Windows Update won't stop trying to ruin everything. None of them fixed things, I...
  7. Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypad and Touch Pad unresponsive: I have Surface Pro 5 tablet. Its keypad as also touch pad are not responding. As a result I cannot find the curser. Having a touch screen and pen helps but it is quite tedious for normal typing etc. Please advise....
  8. How to turn on touchpad with no touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on touchpad with no touch screen: My touch pad and touch screen are off. Oops. Can I turn them on with my keyboard or do i have to buy a mouse? submitted by /u/primetimepimp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/em0zgx/how_to_turn_on_touchpad_with_no_touch_screen/
  9. Touchpad and touch screen not working

Touchpad and touch screen not working: I had a temporary storage error, so I tried to fix it to free up some space. I went and booted into safe mod and was stuck because I had forgotten my microsoft password. I tried booting into safe mode with network, but I still could not connect to the internet. My only option...
  10. Unresponsive touch pen

Unresponsive touch pen: Hi.i have a winmate rugged tablet which i bought new a year and a half ago. About 2 months ago the pen stopped working. The touch screen still works perfectltso its not that. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance...