Windows 10: Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup

Discus and support Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [IMG]When installing windows 10 theoubt a bootable usb drive durinf windows setup to selext language, time/currency, and keybaord my trackpad and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheTrollin9GMS, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup

Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup [​IMG]When installing windows 10 theoubt a bootable usb drive durinf windows setup to selext language, time/currency, and keybaord my trackpad and keyboard are unresponsive. My laptop is an asus x205ta.

:)

TheTrollin9GMS, Jul 5, 2020

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 and now trackpad completely unresponsive.

I upgraded to Windows 10 last night. As soon as the install was complete I attempted to navigate around the screen with my trackpad and it is completely unresponsive. No clicks or touches are registered. I've restarted my computer in hopes that that would
    clear the issue but the trackpad is still completely unresponsive.

The single setting I've found for the trackpad in the new layout regards its sensitivity and whether or not there should be a delay. I changed that to no delay to test and still the trackpad is completely dead.

Any other settings or changes that you know of that will fix this? I use my trackpad almost exclusively and the upgrade has severely limited the functionality of my computer at the moment.

Thanks

CaseyForrest, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Dan_995 Win User
    For a second or two after typing, the trackpad is unresponsive.

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I've had a few issues. The most disruptive is the trackpad. For a second or two after typing, the trackpad is unresponsive. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I feel like it must be a setting that changed with Windows

I HAVE updated the drivers for the trackpad. It did not fix the problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Original title: ----Trackpad delayed----

Dan_995, Jul 5, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup

1. Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup - Similar Threads - Unresponsive trackpad keyboard

2. keyboard+trackpad dufficulties on thinkbook windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard+trackpad dufficulties on thinkbook windows 10?: Im not sure if i asked this already but my trackpad keeps breaking. it cannot register more than one finger, i need to delete the software controlling it, restart the computer, and it just wastes time. and the second i close the computer it breaks again. also typing is a mess...
  3. keyboard+trackpad dufficulties on thinkbook windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard+trackpad dufficulties on thinkbook windows 10?: Im not sure if i asked this already but my trackpad keeps breaking. it cannot register more than one finger, i need to delete the software controlling it, restart the computer, and it just wastes time. and the second i close the computer it breaks again. also typing is a mess...
  4. keyboard+trackpad dufficulties on thinkbook windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  6. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  7. Keyboard isn't working during setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard isn't working during setup: I got a hp laptop secondhand recently from my brother who gifted it to me, he had factory reset it before this.I started the basic Cortana setup and can't type anything into the internet password field and the PC user name field. I can't get past the username field without...
  8. Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.: During the laptop setup using setup wizard I was asked to choose a keyboard. Without realizing it I chose the 78 key style keyboard and now of course the numeric key pad on the right doesn't work. How do I go back and change to the keyboard that includes the numeric key pad?...
  9. Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unresponsive trackpad and keyboard during windows 10 setup: [IMG]When installing windows 10 theoubt a bootable usb drive durinf windows setup to selext language, time/currency, and keybaord my trackpad and keyboard are unresponsive. My laptop is an asus x205ta....
  10. Windows 10 not responding keyboard and trackpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not responding keyboard and trackpad: This is an update, but, when i turn on my laptop the login screen works, but dosent register keyboard and trackpad. I got into the bios and the keyboard and trackpad works, but i dont know what to choose i am on Toshiba Setup Utility What should i do?...