Windows 10: Unresponsive windows home screen on startup

Discus and support Unresponsive windows home screen on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My lenovo yoga 510 is not responding upon startup. I can move around the pointer and the animations and everything work fine except for the Taskbar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maani_jacob, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Unresponsive windows home screen on startup

My lenovo yoga 510 is not responding upon startup. I can move around the pointer and the animations and everything work fine except for the Taskbar. But even outside the Taskbar, I'm not able to open anything except for task manager.
    When I hover over the Taskbar, the pointer becomes that loading icon and I can't do anything. In the past, I used to repeatedly click on the Taskbar or restart windows explorer through the Taskbar until it worked. But now even that isn't working and I'm not able to do anything.

Please help me as I am extremely frustrated right now as this has been a problem for months now Unresponsive windows home screen on startup [​IMG]and there's some work I need to be doing on it.

:)

maani_jacob, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Dec 26, 2018
  4. billyboi Win User

Unresponsive windows home screen on startup

Touch screen unresponsive after driver update

Dell SX2210T Flat panel touchscreen monitor unresponsive to touch after Automatic update of "NextWindow driver update for NextWindow 1950 UCS Compliant Touch Screen" in Windows 10.10240 and Tech preview 10.10525.

This is the wrong driver for this touchscreen but I am unable to find a means of uninstalling it.

It is not listed in the list of installed updates.

The correct driver is shown in Device manager for the screen.

Any suggestions please?

billyboi, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Unresponsive windows home screen on startup

1. Unresponsive windows home screen on startup - Similar Threads - Unresponsive home screen

2. Windows unresponsive after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows unresponsive after startup: Seems like windows startup processors get stuck and only a few programs load. Try to open task manager but no go. Can open folders but they time out. Safe mode works, so does system restore point.Same problem happens when PC restarts. If I forget to create restore point, then...
  3. Windows unresponsive after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows unresponsive after startup: Seems like windows startup processors get stuck and only a few programs load. Try to open task manager but no go. Can open folders but they time out. Safe mode works, so does system restore point.Same problem happens when PC restarts. If I forget to create restore point, then...
  4. Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup: So when I log into windows everything is fine until I log in. The task bar has a loading icon on it and nothing opens or loads. If I try and press buttons on the task bar my screens both urn black and I’m stuck there however the mouse cursor is still visible. Been trying to...
  5. Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup: So when I log into windows everything is fine until I log in. The task bar has a loading icon on it and nothing opens or loads. If I try and press buttons on the task bar my screens both urn black and I’m stuck there however the mouse cursor is still visible. Been trying to...
  6. Taskbar and all of windows unresponsive on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive: Ever since update KB5003173 I can't seem to make the Windows explorer search system work -at all-.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. No textbox, no nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a...
  8. Windows unresponsive after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows unresponsive after startup: Hi, I have a new laptop and installed all the windows updates When I start up and login windows is unresponsive in a weird way. I can't click anywhere on the taskbar. I can rightclick the desktop and open display settings for example but then can't close the window. I can...
  9. Unresponsive and Glitchy Windows on Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unresponsive and Glitchy Windows on Startup: On start-up i am unable to click on the taskbar and and few folders, the mouse is also acting wierd it scrolls down and up automatically.Tried ending the explorer.exe task but was of no use it would turn glitchy again after few seconds....
  10. Unresponsive desktop on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unresponsive desktop on startup: Hello I faced this weird glitch or don't know what it was but today I installed the KB KB4530684 update, Windows 10 1909 build 18363.535, everything went fine the update installed, windows 10 booted up, welcome screen came and my desktop came as usual after that. After using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows home screen unresponsive

2. unresponsive homescreen

3. windows 10 unresponsive on startup

4. nextwindow touch screen driver update