Windows 10: Unsafe shutdown SMART data

Discus and support Unsafe shutdown SMART data in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear all, I have noticed that with fast startup enabled the SMART data on my NVME SSD for unsafe shutdowns increases everytime I shutdown. It does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SirTRB, Apr 5, 2019.

1. SirTRB Win User

Unsafe shutdown SMART data

Dear all,

I have noticed that with fast startup enabled the SMART data on my NVME SSD for unsafe shutdowns increases everytime I shutdown. It does not increase on a restart or with fast startup disabled.

I am running the latest BIOS for my ASUS motherboard, the latest firmware for my intel 760p SSD, and the latest drivers. This is a Windows 10 machine.

I have read that this is to do with the SSD not receiving a shutdown command before the PC powers off.

Is it the OS that is responsible here? Is there a fix? because I like having fast startup enabled.

Many Thanks

Bradley

:)

SirTRB, Apr 5, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

SSD and unsafe shutdowns

Maybe MS are to blame for them ?.

What worry's me maybe they can say the drives been misused. Actually thinking of turning smart off lol.

AsRock, Apr 5, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    SSD and unsafe shutdowns

I didn't think unsafe shutdowns affected SSD's at all. It could be intel just covering their ass. I'm scared my SSD will wear out after the warrenty as well and I've had alot of unsafe restarts.

DrPepper, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Curious Intel SSD Smart Data Issue

My Intel 520 189GB SSD works fine in Windows 10 but I noted a high Unexpected Power Loss & Unsafe Shutdown count of 861 in the SMART data. The PC shuts down fine and all PC lights go out. After discussion with Intel Support, we have concluded this is probably due to the way my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard powers off or because I turn the PC off at the mains every night.

Does anyone else have a high Unexpected Power Loss & Unsafe Shutdown count in their SMART data?

Steve C, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Unsafe shutdown SMART data - Similar Threads - Unsafe shutdown SMART

2. Accessed unsafe website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessed unsafe website: Hello,Today I clicked a link to a certain website. I then got the black window with the warning that the site's connection may not be safe. I continued accessing it nonetheless. How can I check that my system was not infected or that my data is safe?I've already run an...
  3. Accessed unsafe website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessed unsafe website: Hello,Today I clicked a link to a certain website. I then got the black window with the warning that the site's connection may not be safe. I continued accessing it nonetheless. How can I check that my system was not infected or that my data is safe?I've already run an...
  4. What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is an unsafe shutdown on windows 10? and how do I stop that from happening?: I recently got a new laptop and to keep track of my drive's health, I installed HD Tune Pro to scan. It's been 2 weeks since I got the laptop and HDTunePro says I've had 12 unsafe shutdowns. I saw the records yesterday and the count was 11. This means everytime I shutdown my...
  5. Unsafe app !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsafe app !: After turning on my Windows 10 laptop a message came up "unsafe app check Windows security". I waited why it did a quick scan then everything seemed to go back to normal. I realised one of my "Tiles" was missing but at first unsure which one ! I realised My Viddly downloader...
  6. Unsafe app !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsafe app !: After turning on my Windows 10 laptop a message came up "unsafe app check Windows security". I waited why it did a quick scan then everything seemed to go back to normal. I realised one of my "Tiles" was missing but at first unsure which one ! I realised My Viddly downloader...
  7. It's safe or unsafe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It's safe or unsafe?: I have a question that Ventoy Multiboot USB Creator is safe for windows 10 or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-safe-or-unsafe/3bc01e49-d317-4ad3-9422-12ff190244fe
  8. Curious Intel SSD Smart Data Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curious Intel SSD Smart Data Issue: My Intel 520 189GB SSD works fine in Windows 10 but I noted a high Unexpected Power Loss & Unsafe Shutdown count of 861 in the SMART data. The PC shuts down fine and all PC lights go out. After discussion with Intel Support, we have concluded this is probably due to the way...
  9. Unsafe at any circunstance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unsafe at any circunstance?: They say Win10 is unsafe in any condition. Also, no matter what I set over my privacy, it will always spy me and send my personal data to somewhere in this planet. I'm lost. I don't know what is true, what is not. i've an URL about those scarring things. It is in...
  10. Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally: I'm using HD Tune Pro and CrystalDiskInfo to monitor the health of my hard drive because it's important to me. Today I saw that the value of "Unsafe shutdown count" in HD Tune Pro is pretty high, even higher than the Power-off cycle value. Which is strange and doesn't make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvme smart unsafe shutdown

2. HDD SMART unsafe shutdown

3. unsafe shutdowns crystaldiskinfo