Windows 10: unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

Discus and support unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 - brand new with preinstalled system, bought few days ago - goes to sleep every few minutes while working. Without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jakub from Poland, Aug 8, 2019.

1. unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

My Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 - brand new with preinstalled system, bought few days ago - goes to sleep every few minutes while working. Without any clue at to intervals, moments etc.

My hunch is that is connected somehow with videos played in Chrome browser (Youtube, Linkedin, Facebook), because sleep seems to come during or just after playing (or auto-playing) of video.

I did never have that problem on Windows 10 on my other Asus (Zenbook, updated from Win8) or Sony (Vaio, updated from Win8).

:)

Jakub from Poland, Aug 8, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 8, 2019
  4. unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

1. unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode - Similar Threads - unscheduled unexpected sleep

2. Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep: My Windows 10 computer goes to sleep roughly around the same time every day (between 1 and 2pm). It doesn't matter if I'm away from my computer or actively working on it, it will go to sleep. I have checked the power settings, scheduled tasks and event viewer for any errors...
  3. Unexpected kernal mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexpected kernal mode: How can I resolve Unexpected kernel mode as windows keep crashing like 3 times today in 1 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-kernal-mode/6a33f643-d36a-4125-b15f-8a001ac7b830
  4. Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode: Win 10-64 Updates Successfully installed on ‎10/‎04/‎2019: KB4493464,KB4023057,KB4493478. Several times, including today, computer appears to have entered sleep mode. After "Power>Log Off" comp. will restart after pressing a key. Has there been an update to cause this?...
  5. sleep mode

sleep mode: Every time my computer goes into sleeo mode I have to enter my password to access programs again. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/f8bed0d4-ac2c-4b4f-a4ee-05641b74fc63
  6. Unexpected kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unexpected kernel mode trap: След ъпдейт на Realtek драйвер RTL 8139/810x и рестарт Windows 10 се появи син екран и съобщението unexpected kernel mode trap и покана за рестарт.След диагностика за автоматично поправка на проблема Widows не поправи проблема .Нямам достъп до разширена диагностика....
  7. sleep mode

sleep mode: what is managed by windows as conection to internet in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/142f1811-9e3b-47c7-995a-a0949e80acf8
  8. unexpected kernel mode trap

unexpected kernel mode trap: I have trouble with the unexpected kernel mode trap for quite a while. It might began with installing Bitdefender. But I removed it and still have trouble. Most of the time it happens when in Firefox but not always. I reduced the kernel dump to 128 but the BSOD still...
  9. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: I have gotten UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP errors 10 minutes in every time in normal startup. Before, my computer kept stalling when trying to sleep and then crashing. I made some changes to an intel management driver which only made it worse and now the constant crashing, but...
  10. unexpected kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected kernel mode trap: How can the shutdown from the "unexpected kernel mode trap" be repaired? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/unexpected-kernel-mode-trap/0cd5421b-ee68-445f-a1bb-17bddd85c0d4