Windows 10: unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

Discus and support unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 - brand new with preinstalled system, bought few days ago - goes to sleep every few minutes while working. Without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jakub from Poland, Aug 8, 2019.

1. unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

My Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 - brand new with preinstalled system, bought few days ago - goes to sleep every few minutes while working. Without any clue at to intervals, moments etc.

My hunch is that is connected somehow with videos played in Chrome browser (Youtube, Linkedin, Facebook), because sleep seems to come during or just after playing (or auto-playing) of video.

I did never have that problem on Windows 10 on my other Asus (Zenbook, updated from Win8) or Sony (Vaio, updated from Win8).

:)

Jakub from Poland, Aug 8, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 8, 2019
  4. unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode

1. unscheduled and unexpected sleep mode - Similar Threads - unscheduled unexpected sleep

2. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  3. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  4. Windows 11 Unscheduled install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Unscheduled install: Dear Microsoft - I did not schedule a Windows 11 install, and you installed it on the most key day when I have to do remote support.... consequently as expected things dont work... I am missing a screen for starters all 3 monitors are connected to the same card! I am...
  5. Windows 11 Unscheduled install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Unscheduled install: Dear Microsoft - I did not schedule a Windows 11 install, and you installed it on the most key day when I have to do remote support.... consequently as expected things dont work... I am missing a screen for starters all 3 monitors are connected to the same card! I am...
  6. Legion 5 15ARH05 shuts down unexpectedly - sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legion 5 15ARH05 shuts down unexpectedly - sleep mode issue: Hi,I have Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 with the following specifications and configurations:AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎1/‎11/‎2023OS build 22621.1105Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!: Windows 10 Pro | Version: 20H2 | Build: 19042.630 I am having a problem with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - PC runs fine until putting it to sleep, it is shutting down unexpectedly when I put it in sleep mode. After 3-4 seconds of sleep, it just unexpectedly shut down. Windows Event...
  8. Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep: My Windows 10 computer goes to sleep roughly around the same time every day (between 1 and 2pm). It doesn't matter if I'm away from my computer or actively working on it, it will go to sleep. I have checked the power settings, scheduled tasks and event viewer for any errors...
  9. Unexpected kernal mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexpected kernal mode: How can I resolve Unexpected kernel mode as windows keep crashing like 3 times today in 1 hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-kernal-mode/6a33f643-d36a-4125-b15f-8a001ac7b830
  10. Continual unscheduled restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Continual unscheduled restarts: Good morning, I have a laptop that has a habit of shutting down unexpectedly. The looked through thousands of lines in the Event Viewer logs and I see that just prior to the shutdowns I see this message: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\P4G...