Windows 10: Unsecure Connection

Discus and support Unsecure Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello During the last couple of days when I try to connect to sites, this error message is coming up saying 'Your connection is unsecure'. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stella246, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Stella246 Win User

Unsecure Connection

Hello

During the last couple of days when I try to connect to sites, this error message is coming up saying 'Your connection is unsecure'.

I am therefore unable to connect to anything. Hope someone can help.

Thankyou

:)

Stella246, Feb 1, 2019

2. I can't connect to Unsecured network

When I go to coffee house and look at available networks, the unsecured network of coffee house shows up with a shield symbol. I can't connect to this network.
    I have been using this network for 2 years and suddenly it appeared with this symbol.
    Everyone else can connect to this network
    I can connect to secured network in my home
    It seems something in my laptop configuration has changed. I cant figure out whats that.
    I am attaching image of unsecured network as below. Its "Hidden Network" displaying at bottom as open with shield symbol

Unsecure Connection [​IMG]

Please suggest, what does this symbol mean and how can I connect to unsecured network.

Thanks

jigneshjsoni, Feb 1, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    Is it illegal to connect to an unsecured network?

the legality of using any unsecured wireless network is very uncertain at the moment.

In Germany it is now illegal to have an unsecured wifi network (yes that right - if i was to connect to an unsecure network and download movies/music etc....the owner of the wifi is responsible even if there is outright proof that he did not perform the download)

Quote from BBC news:

German citizens are responsible for the security of their own private wireless connections, a court has ruled.

The ruling comes after a musician sued the owner of a network connection that had been used to illegally download and file-share music.

The owner had proof that the householder was on holiday at the time but the court ruled that the network should have been password-protected.

In the UK, the law currently states that it is not illegal to connect to an unsecured wireless LAN, however it is illegal to use someone elses bandwidth or services without their consent. (as a side note for anyone who runs an ftp service or allows inbound connections, ALWAYS put a login banner stating that access is only for authorised users, this is legally binding and can help during disputes) /Quote

IggSter, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Unsecure Connection

Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi

My surface is currently using Win 10 Pro version 1803(I made sure it was up to date on all updates as of a few minutes ago).

I tried what you suggested, going into gpedit.msc, and changed the setting to disabled, but it still connected to the unsecured WiFi. I even tried restarting, confirming the setting was still there, and within about 10 minutes it connected to the unsecured
    network again.

Gamer Alex, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Unsecure Connection

1. Unsecure Connection - Similar Threads - Unsecure Connection

2. i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...: i was on a minecraft website and it redirecting me to an unsecure website called something like mcaffee, i didn’t click anything and exited out of that and will no longer be using that website but i’m worried if that could have done anything to my pc. it’s working completely...
  3. i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...: i was on a minecraft website and it redirecting me to an unsecure website called something like mcaffee, i didn’t click anything and exited out of that and will no longer be using that website but i’m worried if that could have done anything to my pc. it’s working completely...
  4. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  5. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  6. Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsecure WiFi connection used at home I rent a room in: I rent a room in a house with six other tenants. The owner of the place includes internet in the rent but the connection doesn't require a password. Is it safe to connect to it? How do I protect my data? Do I need a VPN? Wth is that? -haha- Thanks in advance!!...
  7. Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows...

Wifi keep connecting to open unsecured Telecom wifi network after update to Windows Windows...: Hi, I am also experiencing frequent forced connection to open unsecured Telecom Wifi network after a forced update to Windows Windows 10.0.17134 Build 17134. Wifi keep disconnecting and connecting to a open unscured Telecom network, and then connect to my wifi again every...
  8. Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi

Win 10 Automatically connecting to unsecured WiFi: Hello, I have taken my Surface Pro (2017) into work recently, and it has a habit of connecting to any unsecured connection in range. I have never connected to these signals on this device, and I don't have any plans to connect to these unsecured WiFi connections. However,...
  9. I can't connect to Unsecured network

I can't connect to Unsecured network: When I go to coffee house and look at available networks, the unsecured network of coffee house shows up with a shield symbol. I can't connect to this network. I have been using this network for 2 years and suddenly it appeared with this symbol. Everyone else can connect to...
  10. 'BrickerBot' malware destroys unsecured internet-connected devices

in Windows 10 News
    'BrickerBot' malware destroys unsecured internet-connected devices: Homeland Security warns of 'BrickerBot' malware that destroys unsecured internet-connected devices Reminiscent of the Mirai botnet that brought down large swathes of the US internet last year, this new malware targets poorly-secured Internet of Things devices and...