Windows 10: Unselected drive for System Restore

Discus and support Unselected drive for System Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , I'm having trouble with my audio driver and traced back the problem that came from an update from window trying to update Realtek audio driver I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wrae, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Wrae Win User

Unselected drive for System Restore

Hi , I'm having trouble with my audio driver and traced back the problem that came from an update from window trying to update Realtek audio driver

I wish to System Restore in order to revert this update and see if my problem is gone

But while setting up I noticed only my C: drive have a restore point , my D: doesnt

My question is if I system restore now , will D: be the same as it was before System Restore

or will its data get wiped ???

:)

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Oct 17, 2018
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Unselected drive for System Restore

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Unselected drive for System Restore

1. Unselected drive for System Restore - Similar Threads - Unselected drive System

2. Unselectable UI issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unselectable UI issue: Since a recent Windows 11 update, I have had some significant issues with the system UI. Although when I use my mouse or touchpad, the cursor moves normally, the UI elements no longer indicate that the cursor is over them and cannot be clicked on. I have restarted the...
  3. Unselectable UI issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unselectable UI issue: Since a recent Windows 11 update, I have had some significant issues with the system UI. Although when I use my mouse or touchpad, the cursor moves normally, the UI elements no longer indicate that the cursor is over them and cannot be clicked on. I have restarted the...
  4. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  5. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  6. Unselect/Deselect All?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unselect/Deselect All?: Ctrl-A selects all. What keystroke un/deselects all? I cannot for the life of me locate this. -thx 181318
  7. System Restore created a new drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore created a new drive?: [IMG] I rarely do a system restore. But last night, this happened. Originally, I only had C and D. After restoring, disk W showed up containing some files from C (new files before restoring) and having the same size as disk C, although it only contains around 3.6GB. What...
  8. No available drive for restore system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No available drive for restore system image: My hard drive crashed. I bought a new one, used a bootable USB to restore a system image and got the error message. I searched online and received many options. Tried them all to no avail. I reinstalled Win 10 Pro and tried to do it again. No luck. What am I missing?...
  9. System Protection - Restore "drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Protection - Restore "drive": I was, possibly foolishly, going through the system protection settings today and notice that the Restore drive had protection off. I went into the configure settings and enabled it. Noticing that the drive size was at 5.45 Gig with a max set at 20.1 Gig. After hitting...
  10. System restore and secondary drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore and secondary drives: So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do...