Windows 10: unset read only files

Discus and support unset read only files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of a sudden my synced files from google drive are read only on my computer. How do I reset these so they are NOT read only?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wendy wintermute, Feb 9, 2023.

1. unset read only files

All of a sudden my synced files from google drive are read only on my computer. How do I reset these so they are NOT read only?

:)

wendy wintermute, Feb 9, 2023

2. Win 10 Folder/file Read Only attribute is not able to be unset

Why am I not able to unset this attribute in the properties section of the file?

MichaelHelms1, Feb 9, 2023
  3. Data files set to Read Only mode

After installing Windows 10, all data files have been reset to "Read Only" mode. I have unset the box, but Office will only open the files in "Read Only" mode. The properties tab of the files shows the "Read Only" option is UNCHECKED

There seems no option to clear this problem.

Richard.Ha, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

unset read only files

Brink, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

unset read only files

1. unset read only files - Similar Threads - unset read files

2. unset read only files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unset read only files: All of a sudden my synced files from google drive are read only on my computer. How do I reset these so they are NOT read only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unset-read-only-files/f01bdd20-d4c5-43aa-8ada-1cec4e8a0be4
  3. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  4. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  5. Cannot unset read-only

Cannot unset read-only: I am attempting to copy a custom portrait to inside my Baldur's Gate folder. It is not showing up. One of the puzzling things is that when I try to copy it again, I'm asked if I wish to overwrite the existing file--as if the copy worked the first time. However, the game...
  6. Files are read only

Files are read only: When I open a file/folder properties they are read only. I have already tried turning off controlled folder access, and I failed to do that because it was never on in the first place. When I change the folder to not read only, it just reverts back to read only. Upon further...
  7. Read-Only Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Read-Only Files: Hello there, I am running windows 10 64-bit system and i have 1 external hard drive partially partitioned as NTFS and the other Partition is EX-Fat to share files with my MAC. I also have my main drive which is the C drive and it holds the windows files etc. Anyways I...
  8. read only files

read only files: read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files/e2f111ee-e6c7-426f-88d2-6421bfd62668"
  9. file read only

file read only: Hello, A folder is suddenly read only. I have tried changing it both as a user and administrator to no avail. Is there a procedure to correct this other than change the folder name? Thanks...
  10. Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10 How to Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can set or unset the read-only attribute for files and folders to give files write...