Windows 10: Unsigned copies of Lockapp.exe

Discus and support Unsigned copies of Lockapp.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently had issues with "lockapp.exe" after closing out of Call of Duty: Warzone. Upon exiting to the desktop, I would receive the message: "The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zyfax, May 15, 2020.

1. Zyfax Win User

Unsigned copies of Lockapp.exe

I recently had issues with "lockapp.exe" after closing out of Call of Duty: Warzone. Upon exiting to the desktop, I would receive the message: "The system has detected a memory stack overflow error. A malicious user may use this to take control of the application." I'm paraphrasing the message a little bit, but that's basically it.

The first time this happened, I noticed that my ram usage had shot up to 100%, which to my memory has never happened before, and for the first time ever, I noticed lockapp.exe in my task manager window, taking up resources. I ended the task, and started looking into it, out of morbid curiosity. Online, people seemed to say that there should only be one instance of LockApp.exe and its related files.

Upon searching my hard drive, I found multiple copies of "LockApp.exe", "LockAppHost.exe", "LockAppBroker.dll" and "LockAppBroker.dll.mui" in multiple directories. The files are of varying size, and not all of them are signed by Microsoft.

I did a factory reset to be safe, and then only reinstalled programs I trusted, but I found the same files reinstalled, still not signed. I thought I was just being paranoid, so I continued on for a couple of days, being careful, looking for anything suspicious. I downloaded Malwarebytes, and for some reason it found issues with Google chrome files. Neither Malwarebytes or kaspersky found any other issue.

I've just performed another installation of windows 10, after downloading the ISO from the Microsoft website. At this point I'm sure that I'm crazy, because the same multiple instances of the lockapp files are in my system. They're dated as being modified months prior, and they are unsigned. Is this the result of a virus? Can someone please help put my mind at ease?

:)

Zyfax, May 15, 2020
  2. Railtech Win User

Trying to Install Unsigned Driver for DJI Flight Controller on USB

You might try this:

Installing Unsigned Drivers by Disabling Integrity Checks
    To disable integrity checks:
    STEP 1: Open the Command Prompt as admin from the Power User menu, then execute the command: bcdedit /set nointegritychecks off
    STEP 2: After executing the command, restart your PC, and then proceed in installing the unsigned driver for your system.
    STEP 3: To re-enable integrity check, execute the below command as an admin in the command prompt: bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on
    STEP 4: When you get the message saying the operation was successful, restart your system and you’re good to go.

Railtech, May 15, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    How to install an unsigned driver

Cannot remember exact menu as not at pc, but its via the troubleshooting menu in recovery and updates. Somewhere an advanced option to restart pc, then it gives a list of options and one is to restart with unsigned drivers.

cereberus, May 15, 2020
  4. Unsigned copies of Lockapp.exe

Unsigned files in system32

I used sigcheck to check system32 earlier today and found that several .dll and .exe files were marked as unsigned. Most of these said that they were from Microsoft in their description. I googled it and it seems like some Microsoft files just aren't signed.
    Does any one know why that is?

There were also three files that didn't seem to be related to Microsoft. The first was nvinitx.dll that couldn't build a certificate chain to a trusted root authority and seemed to be from Nvidia, and a .dll as well as a .exe that were unsigned and seemed
    to be from Vulkan Runtime. I checked them all with VirusTool and they seemed safe, but is there any reason for them to not have a signature in that case?

Thanks in advance,
    Oliver

Oliver S03, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Unsigned copies of Lockapp.exe

1. Unsigned copies of Lockapp.exe - Similar Threads - Unsigned copies Lockapp

2. Sigverif reports an unsigned file rzs3wizardpkgs3.exe i manually deleted the exe file but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sigverif reports an unsigned file rzs3wizardpkgs3.exe i manually deleted the exe file but...: Sigverif reports an unsigned file rzs3wizardpkgs3.exe i manually deleted the exe file but still showing after runnning the same command, how do i delete it and is the file safe or dangerous....
  3. Sigverif reports an unsigned file rzs3wizardpkgs3.exe i manually deleted the exe file but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sigverif reports an unsigned file rzs3wizardpkgs3.exe i manually deleted the exe file but...: Sigverif reports an unsigned file rzs3wizardpkgs3.exe i manually deleted the exe file but still showing after runnning the same command, how do i delete it and is the file safe or dangerous....
  4. Unsign Files

Unsign Files: how do i sign in and is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsign-files/1d6c81fc-67f9-4ddc-8cb3-a161e498ff09
  5. Unsign Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsign Files: how do i sign in and is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsign-files/1d6c81fc-67f9-4ddc-8cb3-a161e498ff09
  6. why is smartscreen.exe unsigned?

why is smartscreen.exe unsigned?: My Netstalker software is asking if I trust smartscreen.exe, which it indicates is unsigned. This is the first time this has happened. Is the legitimate smartscreen.exe unsigned or is this an imposter? The request to run the process is coming from 104.18.20.226 which has been...
  7. Unsigned Images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unsigned Images: Why are all of these programs running without signed images; WinAppStore.exe, YourPhone.exe, SecHealthUI.exe, Skype.exe, Cortina.exe, GameBar.exe, GameBarElevatedFT.exe, GameBarFTSever.exe, Timer.exe, MicrosoftOutlookCalender.exe, WindowsCamera.exe, GetHelp.exe, Music.UI.exe,...
  8. Unsigned .Dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsigned .Dll files: I've got a reoccurring issue with my .dll files. The issue is related to games on my PC that use EAC (Easy Anti Cheat), and every time I launch a game using EAC, I am prompted with Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\a random dll file). I thought the issue might have...
  9. Unsigned driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unsigned driver: I have Veikk v50 graphic tablet. When installed it all works fine apart from the pen pressure. Looking in device...... It shows with the alert sign and the unsigned message. I can go through recovery etc and switch off the block on unsigned drivers, install the driver and it...
  10. Problem with 1809 with copy an exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with 1809 with copy an exe: Hi guys , with the newest Windows update 1809 we have a problem with our programs. We have a program in C# with 4.5 Framework that copy a .exe in C:\Folder\Folder\ but in the 1809 update we are not able to do that copy. With 1803 the .exe file are copied. What's Securty...