Windows 10: Unsigned files in system32

Discus and support Unsigned files in system32 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used sigcheck to check system32 earlier today and found that several .dll and .exe files were marked as unsigned. Most of these said that they were... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Oliver S03, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Unsigned files in system32

I used sigcheck to check system32 earlier today and found that several .dll and .exe files were marked as unsigned. Most of these said that they were from Microsoft in their description. I googled it and it seems like some Microsoft files just aren't signed. Does any one know why that is?

There were also three files that didn't seem to be related to Microsoft. The first was nvinitx.dll that couldn't build a certificate chain to a trusted root authority and seemed to be from Nvidia, and a .dll as well as a .exe that were unsigned and seemed to be from Vulkan Runtime. I checked them all with VirusTool and they seemed safe, but is there any reason for them to not have a signature in that case?

Thanks in advance,
    Oliver

:)

Oliver S03, Apr 15, 2020
  2. rosspace Win User

All System32 drivers are suddenly unsigned in Windows 10

I received an error while signing in that Windows defender could not load. After rebooting the system failed multiple times and went to the advanced recovery options screen. After disabling device driver signature enforcement I was able to log in again.
    Following instructions at Troubleshooting Boot Issues due to missing Driver signature (x64) I used the sigcheck tool to check the drivers listed in the CodeIntegrity log and they all appear to be unsigned.

These are all drivers inside System32. Why did all my windows drivers suddenly become unsigned and is there a way to fix this without reinstalling windows? If I disable signature enforcement I can get into my machine and everything works except for Defender
    which still won't startup.

Example errors in log:

Code Integrity was unable to load the Microsoft-Windows-Common-Drivers-minkernel-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0.cat catalog. Status 0xC0000034.

Code Integrity determined an unsigned kernel module \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys is loaded into the system. Check with the publisher to see if a signed version of the kernel module is available.

rosspace, Apr 15, 2020
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Unsigned files in system32 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Unsigned files in system32 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Frenzy47 Win User

Unsigned files in system32

Unsigned .Dll files

I've got a reoccurring issue with my .dll files.

The issue is related to games on my PC that use EAC (Easy Anti Cheat), and every time I launch a game using EAC, I am prompted with Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\a
    random dll file). I thought the issue might have been related to one game, Apex. But on further attempts to fix the issue, I found that other games that use EAC were also throwing the same "untrusted
    system file" error, and it's not always the same .dll file.

I have tried the generic SFC scan/repair commands but have had no luck, along with deleting/replacing dll files from system32.

Today I checked my system32 dll files by using CMD & sigcheck,
    I have found that pretty much every .dll file scanned is marked Unsigned (Example shown below)

Verified: Unsigned

Link date: 2:27 PM 23/01/1917

Publisher: n/a

Company: Microsoft Corporation

Description: Unicode Normalization DLL

Product: Microsoft« Windows« Operating System

I have a support ticket opened through EAC, but their replies take days.

Any help is appreciated, here's hoping I don't need to re-install windows.

Frenzy47, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Unsigned files in system32

1. Unsigned files in system32 - Similar Threads - Unsigned files system32

2. Unsigned files can i delete these file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsigned files can i delete these file: atiadlxx.dllamfrt32.dllatiadlxx.dllatiadlxy.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsigned-files-can-i-delete-these-file/8ae67598-776d-432f-85ef-2ba78e2e6e17
  3. Unsigned files can i delete these file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsigned files can i delete these file: atiadlxx.dllamfrt32.dllatiadlxx.dllatiadlxy.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsigned-files-can-i-delete-these-file/8ae67598-776d-432f-85ef-2ba78e2e6e17
  4. Unsigned .dll filed in System32 folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsigned .dll filed in System32 folder.: I've found two files named 'wosc.dll' and 'fcon.dll', I went in to properties and found they do not have a signature on them but they are copyright to Microsoft Corporations. I scanned for viruses and they were not deemed malicious. What are these files?...
  5. Unsigned .dll filed in System32 folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsigned .dll filed in System32 folder.: I've found two files named 'wosc.dll' and 'fcon.dll', I went in to properties and found they do not have a signature on them but they are copyright to Microsoft Corporations. I scanned for viruses and they were not deemed malicious. What are these files?...
  6. Unsigned .dll filed in System32 folder.

7. Unsign Files

Unsign Files: how do i sign in and is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsign-files/1d6c81fc-67f9-4ddc-8cb3-a161e498ff09
  8. Unsign Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsign Files: how do i sign in and is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsign-files/1d6c81fc-67f9-4ddc-8cb3-a161e498ff09
  9. Unsigned Images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unsigned Images: Why are all of these programs running without signed images; WinAppStore.exe, YourPhone.exe, SecHealthUI.exe, Skype.exe, Cortina.exe, GameBar.exe, GameBarElevatedFT.exe, GameBarFTSever.exe, Timer.exe, MicrosoftOutlookCalender.exe, WindowsCamera.exe, GetHelp.exe, Music.UI.exe,...
  10. Unsigned .Dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsigned .Dll files: I've got a reoccurring issue with my .dll files. The issue is related to games on my PC that use EAC (Easy Anti Cheat), and every time I launch a game using EAC, I am prompted with Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\a random dll file). I thought the issue might have...