Windows 10: Unsolicited Facebook emails

Discus and support Unsolicited Facebook emails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Unsolicited Facebook emails

I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails.

Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam?

There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with them if I can avoid it, but it seems that the only way to report this is to create a Facebook accouint.

What would you do?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft

These are not "Marketing" materials in the traditional sense, so they are not considered "unsolicited". You signed up for a service and/or product and these emails are intended to help you transition to that product. That's why there is no "unsubscribe" because this is not a mailing list that will continue past the initial "Here's how to use this product" emails.

Mystere, Feb 28, 2019
  3. gogreen Win User
    Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft

I'm getting unsolicited emails from Microsoft about Windows 10. I see no option in the email or in my MS account to unsubscribe. There are no subscriptions in my Communications Centre to unsubscribe to, either. How do I get Microsoft to stop sending me these kinds of messages? A snippet of one is attached. Thanks.

gogreen, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Unsolicited Facebook emails

Removing Unsolicited spam

I am still unable to work out how to stop the numerous unsolicited emails coming daily as I described in my question above on 31 July. I presume the service provider, (in my case - Windows Live Mail) has some method of preventing them. Are you able to
    advise step by step to achieve this please?

Ron Champness, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Unsolicited Facebook emails

1. Unsolicited Facebook emails - Similar Threads - Unsolicited Facebook emails

2. Is it email providers or the facebook servers?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it email providers or the facebook servers?: I was wondering if anyone ever came across this before. I have tried to see if anyone on facebook, or their community forum, or other social media forums have an answer to this and I've come up with nothing. I've also reported the issue to facebook twice. I've also reached...
  3. NOT RECEIVING EMAIL FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT RECEIVING EMAIL FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS: As of May 3rd I am no longer receiving any facebook email notifications. No one can seem to fix this. PLESE help! Thanks! I had my computer friend check every setting and everything appears fine....
  4. How to stop facebook emails

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop facebook emails: Not sure if this is posted I the correct thread but I hope someone can help me. Sometime ago a friend was having problems with their Facebook account and added my email address to their Facebook account as a secondary email in case they got locked out. Now quite sometime...
  5. Unsolicited update??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsolicited update??: Not sure where to put this post - I'll start here. This morning while online suddenly my desktop came up with the following: "restart required" -- I don't know where to look to find what was updated which would require a restart. I checked windows update - nothing this...
  6. Compromised email and facebook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Compromised email and facebook: Recently I was asked how to find out if someone used your email and facebook account to send derogatory and threatening messages to people. Is it possible to discover and prove where those nastygrams were sent from and by whom (assuming it was not the email/facebook account...
  7. Unsolicited Facebook emails

in Browsers and Email
    Unsolicited Facebook emails: I'm not a Facebook member. I am getting Facebook emails. Is there any explanation for this other than someone has used my email to start an account? Is this just typical spam? There is a link to unsubscribe, but given Facebook history, I don't want to have any contact with...
  8. Task manager closes unsolicited

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager closes unsolicited: Hello, since yesterday's Windows 10 update, my task manager which I am used to keep always open suddenly closes and disappears from time to time. This is accompagnied by a noice of the processor which stops only after I reopen the taskmanager manually again. I already...
  9. Outlook - unsolicited messages

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook - unsolicited messages: Hello, I started the process of changing from Yahoo to Hotmail. I had a mostly unused hotmail address and tried it in Outlook. Decided that I prefer Thunderbird. Deleted all accounts from Outlook and set it up in Thunderbird. Today I received an Microsoft Outlook Calendar...
  10. Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft

in Browsers and Email
    Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft: I'm getting unsolicited emails from Microsoft about Windows 10. I see no option in the email or in my MS account to unsubscribe. There are no subscriptions in my Communications Centre to unsubscribe to, either. How do I get Microsoft to stop sending me these kinds of...