Windows 10: Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Discus and support Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NathanPrior, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this?

:)

NathanPrior, Apr 24, 2019

2. unwanted scam phone calls

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

You may want to read: Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams

quietman7 - MVP, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Where may I report a Microsoft Scam phone call

Read this Microsoft Information:

"Avoid tech support phone scams"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Here are some of the organizations that cybercriminals claim to be from:

• Windows Helpdesk
    • Windows Service Center
    • Microsoft Tech Support
    • Microsoft Support
    • Windows Technical Department Support Group
    • Microsoft Research and Development Team (Microsoft R & D Team)
    Report phone scams

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

1. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam? - Similar Threads - Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support'

2. Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  3. Microsoft support phone calls

Microsoft support phone calls: I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the following (and been as daft as I was initially). I received a call from 'Microsoft' advising that my PC had a deadly virus and could I clear it. After some chat with an Asian voice I was passed on to possibly a...
  4. Scam phone calls

Scam phone calls: I've received several phone calls this morning using my home phone number to contact me saying that my Microsoft license and IP address will be shut off in 48 hour if I don't stay on the line and speak to someone from Microsoft. It was a robotic voice on the phone calling...
  5. scam phone calls

scam phone calls: I received a phone call yesterday from an Asian sounding man who gave an English name. He told me that he was from Microsoft and the had received messages on my computer about fraud etc. I stopped him there, told I knew it was a scam and he should get lost and hung up on...
  6. Is this a scam phone call?

Is this a scam phone call?: I am receiving phone call from my own cell number, They tell me they need to change my ip address because my computer has been compromised by other countries. is this a scam or should I respond?...
  7. scam phone call

scam phone call: I am receiving phone call from my own cell number, They tell me they need to change my ip address because my computer has been compromised by other countries. is this a scam or should I respond?...
  8. Scam Calls from Microsoft Support Team

Scam Calls from Microsoft Support Team: I have in the past called Microsoft for technical support and they sound from India, Pakistan, etc., once I had to pay $199 for them to repair my computer; later I found that I kept on getting calls from the individual asking for more money and kept on getting in my system...
  9. Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk: The call came from the number 0016616639923. When I stated that my machine wasn't sending such messages the caller hung up....
  10. Unsolicited phone calls from MS

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsolicited phone calls from MS: How do I resolve the number of calls I am getting from MS by people I cannot understand? How do I know they are valid? 18407