Windows 10: Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade

Discus and support Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get endless phone calls from "Microsoft". They are always from someone in India named Dave, or Bob, etc. Are any of these an actual call from MS?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alternety599, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade

I get endless phone calls from "Microsoft".

They are always from someone in India named Dave, or Bob, etc.

Are any of these an actual call from MS?

So far I have been getting nightly MS attempts to update to 1909. All failures. I think at least a dozen, maybe more, so far in the last couple of weeks.

Is it possible that MS is generating any of these phone calls. I would never expect a call from MS, so I always hang up when I hear India. If there are legitimate MS calls; how would I know to accept them without starting with BS?

I would really like the update to work. Is there anywhere I can find actual support to resolve whatever is the issue for the update. All I get is "failed". Not particularly useful.

:)

alternety599, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Tonyb Win User

Unsolicited phone calls from MS

Ignore them MS will not call you they don't make house calls unless you specifically schedule a call back from them, otherwise they will not call you, i have gotten a number of the calls you speak of usually they say windows support that is not MS do not let them connect to you PC. microsoft will call from a 425 number and it shows up on caller id as Microsoft corp, i know this as i had to schedule a call back with xbox support and MS support, and they specifically identify themselves a microsoft support. and if you revers phone the number it says redmond wa 1 microsoft way.

Tonyb, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Unsolicited phone calls from MS

It happened to me a few years ago
    What I did was picked up the phone and said thanks for calling and I kept them on the phone for about 30Min going threw a long problem that I did not have; then I said go to hell and I slammed the phone down.
    They never called me back that was a few years ago when I had a Spoofed HP Tech Support Case Manager calling me and I knew it was not them because I had already settled my problem with the case manager two weeks before that.

There goal is to get Credit Card Numbers and other stuff so be careful
    and what I would do since they are impersonating a company like that I would contact MS and let them know so they can take action if needed.
    I did that with HP and they logged it for me

1029rjmenvy17t, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade

Lumia 950 making random/unsolicited phone calls

My Lumia 950 has suddenly started making unsolicited calls whilst being carried in my pocket. These calls seem to the those listed in the recent callers list and are being made numbers in fairly quick succession. It appears the calls are made even though
    the lock screen is on. In 6 months use this has not happened previously so I wonder if a recent update may be the cause.

As a work round I delete all calls from the recent calls list as they are made or received and will see if this works

Does anyone have any ideas. Te Phone version is 1607 Build 10.014393.576

IanBrown_736, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade

1. Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade - Similar Threads - Unsolicited phone calls

2. Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise: Some time ago, I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro through the Microsoft Store for $99. Please don't tell me I must have bought it from someone else -- I have the receipt. The installation failed. The other day, I restarted my computer and ended up with Win 10...
  3. Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise: Some time ago, I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro through the Microsoft Store for $99. Please don't tell me I must have bought it from someone else -- I have the receipt. The installation failed. The other day, I restarted my computer and ended up with Win 10...
  4. Repeated failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeated failure: Repeated failure to update to install update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems KB4049411 and KB4033631 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repeated-failure/0276cd37-f4a8-4a2f-8d4a-6ff13c083da2
  5. Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update: Hi I've had this now since at least September. I've tried just about every solution suggested on these forums and online. Everytime the same, it downloads, says it's installing but fails and then just repeats the process. I've been through the windows set-up process,...
  6. Phone call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone call: I just received a call from " Microsoft Office" saying that my computer was causing viruses on Microsoft's main frame computer.The voice initially was from a woman who had a Pakistan/Indian accent then she transferred me to a man who asked me to reboot my computer and foll...
  7. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  8. unsolicited phone call re- a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows

unsolicited phone call re- a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows: A man claiming to be "Mike Wilson" from Microsoft, Commission # 8100 called about a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows. They would replace the software. Phone number on caller ID was 920-365-8948 I'm assuming this is a scam. I gave no info....
  9. Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk: The call came from the number 0016616639923. When I stated that my machine wasn't sending such messages the caller hung up....
  10. Unsolicited phone calls from MS

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsolicited phone calls from MS: How do I resolve the number of calls I am getting from MS by people I cannot understand? How do I know they are valid? 18407