Windows 10: Unsolicited phone calls from MS

Discus and support Unsolicited phone calls from MS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I resolve the number of calls I am getting from MS by people I cannot understand? How do I know they are valid? 18407 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldman, Aug 21, 2015.

1. oldman Win User

Unsolicited phone calls from MS

How do I resolve the number of calls I am getting from MS by people I cannot understand? How do I know they are valid?

:)

oldman, Aug 21, 2015
  2. SissyJ Win User

Unsolicited phone calls

Does Microsoft wish to have unsolicited (and presumably scam) phone numbers reported to them?

SissyJ, Aug 21, 2015
  3. I was just contacted by techsupport365.com they want me to install nanosystems remove problem items on my computer. They claim to working with Microsoft. Is this legitimate?

Hi Russ,

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls to help you fix your computer. We do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer.

If you receive an unsolicited email message or phone call that purports to be from Microsoft and requests that you send personal information or click links,
    delete the message or hang up the phone.

Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Refer below article for more information:

Avoid tech support phone scams

Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Hope this information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance in this regard. We will be glad to help you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Unsolicited phone calls from MS

Hello,
    The only way to know it is valid is if you had them call you
    if so then your all set if not then write down the number that you are receiving and contact MS and if it is not them report who ever is doing it to them.

1029rjmenvy17t, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Tonyb Win User
    Ignore them MS will not call you they don't make house calls unless you specifically schedule a call back from them, otherwise they will not call you, i have gotten a number of the calls you speak of usually they say windows support that is not MS do not let them connect to you PC. microsoft will call from a 425 number and it shows up on caller id as Microsoft corp, i know this as i had to schedule a call back with xbox support and MS support, and they specifically identify themselves a microsoft support. and if you revers phone the number it says redmond wa 1 microsoft way.

Tonyb, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Hi TonyB Perfect that's everything I wanted to say but could it*Smile

1029rjmenvy17t, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I let them talk and pretend I am actually doing what they are telling me to do. I kept one guy on for about 15 minutes and then I asked him if he is sure this will work on a MAC.*Smile

8. Tonyb Win User

Tonyb, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Word Man Win User
    Yep, wouldn't be surprised if there has been a big uptick in the frequency of those calls at this point in our "cyberhistory". I received one just the other day to my unlisted number. Told them I didn't have time to "fool" with them (the truth) and asked them not to call back.

Word Man, Aug 21, 2015
  10. if they are the ones saying it is Microsoft Support then it is a scam! they sound like they are from India? then its a scam. if the number is a 888 then its a scam.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Aug 21, 2015
  11. XweAponX Win User
    What I do is I make my land lime redirect to my iPhone and then I use TruCaller to help track them down. I have a couple of other Tracking Apps and a tweak that unblocks the number of callers who have their number blocked. I get a lot of calls from people misrepresenting Apple, Microsoft, even Asus. I keep a log pf each call, the numbers, and when they called and I report them to http://donotcall.gov - You have to register your numbers first, if I'm not sure if a call was redirected from my land line I report it to both of my registered numbers.

XweAponX, Aug 21, 2015
  12. z3r010 Win User
    It's definitely a scam, I normally ask what they are wearing and let it go down hill from there *Zip

z3r010, Aug 21, 2015
  13. Word Man Win User

LOL. I'll try to keep that in mind for the next time IF I have time to "fool" with them!

Word Man, Aug 21, 2015
  14. z3r010 Win User
    My rule is if they call you then they are fair game for whatever you can throw at them!!!

z3r010, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Some times I'll just say Computer? I don't own a computer. Long silence, click. Or oh, you work for Microsoft too. Quick click. If I'm in a bad mode I'll try to keep them on the line as long as possible and act like I haven't a clue how a computer works.

alphanumeric, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Unsolicited phone calls from MS - Similar Threads - Unsolicited phone calls

2. Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade: I get endless phone calls from "Microsoft". They are always from someone in India named Dave, or Bob, etc. Are any of these an actual call from MS? So far I have been getting nightly MS attempts to update to 1909. All failures. I think at least a dozen, maybe more, so...
  3. Phone call from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone call from Microsoft: Hi.I received every weeks 2-3 phone calls supposed to be from Microsoft and I dued a payment of $142.95.They sais to call back at this number to cancel my subscription???? I just had free products from Microsoft. Is it a spam, a fraud?? Thank you for the answer....
  4. phone calls from Microsoft?

phone calls from Microsoft?: Am receiving multiple calls stating "Microsoft is stopping my support service, number to call back is 1-312-667-9490." Surely this is not a legitimate call? Am not answering nor returning call....
  5. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  6. Phone call from Microsoft

Phone call from Microsoft: I received a call from Microsoft the phone number displayed on my phone was my landline number. When I answered it there was a recording stating my IP address had been confiscated in several countries and Microsoft needed to change my IP address I needed to press 1 for...
  7. unsolicited phone call re- a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows

unsolicited phone call re- a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows: A man claiming to be "Mike Wilson" from Microsoft, Commission # 8100 called about a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows. They would replace the software. Phone number on caller ID was 920-365-8948 I'm assuming this is a scam. I gave no info....
  8. phone call from microsoft

phone call from microsoft: is it possible that microsoft call customers that there is something wrong with their computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phone-call-from-microsoft/4e173ac8-353b-492b-9436-3fb57fce756c
  9. Phone-call from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone-call from Microsoft?: Yesterday I received a phone-call from "Microsoft" about a so-called computer problem. The caller ID was 0011055474272. I disconnected because I assumed it was a scam. I do not believe Microsoft makes personal calls to users or consumers. For this post I chose "Windows...
  10. Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk: The call came from the number 0016616639923. When I stated that my machine wasn't sending such messages the caller hung up....