Windows 10: Unsolicited phone calls from MS

Discus and support Unsolicited phone calls from MS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Also, don't believe Caller ID labels, they can be spoofed (made to show false info). Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldman, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Antilope Win User

Unsolicited phone calls from MS

Also, don't believe Caller ID labels, they can be spoofed (made to show false info).

Antilope, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Tonyb Win User

That's why i always revers the number and get the address, but i also no specifically if its them calling me as i scheduled the call for a time and a day. *Smile. I usually tell the idiots calling me pretending like they are support, that wow i don't own a windows computer i have Linux based pc, so sorry can't help you.

Tonyb, Aug 21, 2015
  3. It happened to me a few years ago
    What I did was picked up the phone and said thanks for calling and I kept them on the phone for about 30Min going threw a long problem that I did not have; then I said go to hell and I slammed the phone down.
    They never called me back that was a few years ago when I had a Spoofed HP Tech Support Case Manager calling me and I knew it was not them because I had already settled my problem with the case manager two weeks before that.

There goal is to get Credit Card Numbers and other stuff so be careful
    and what I would do since they are impersonating a company like that I would contact MS and let them know so they can take action if needed.
    I did that with HP and they logged it for me

1029rjmenvy17t, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unsolicited phone calls from MS

1. Unsolicited phone calls from MS - Similar Threads - Unsolicited phone calls

2. Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsolicited? MS phone calls and repeated failure of 1909 upgrade: I get endless phone calls from "Microsoft". They are always from someone in India named Dave, or Bob, etc. Are any of these an actual call from MS? So far I have been getting nightly MS attempts to update to 1909. All failures. I think at least a dozen, maybe more, so...
  3. Phone call from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone call from Microsoft: Hi.I received every weeks 2-3 phone calls supposed to be from Microsoft and I dued a payment of $142.95.They sais to call back at this number to cancel my subscription???? I just had free products from Microsoft. Is it a spam, a fraud?? Thank you for the answer....
  4. phone calls from Microsoft?

phone calls from Microsoft?: Am receiving multiple calls stating "Microsoft is stopping my support service, number to call back is 1-312-667-9490." Surely this is not a legitimate call? Am not answering nor returning call....
  5. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  6. Phone call from Microsoft

Phone call from Microsoft: I received a call from Microsoft the phone number displayed on my phone was my landline number. When I answered it there was a recording stating my IP address had been confiscated in several countries and Microsoft needed to change my IP address I needed to press 1 for...
  7. unsolicited phone call re- a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows

unsolicited phone call re- a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows: A man claiming to be "Mike Wilson" from Microsoft, Commission # 8100 called about a 3-year-old problem with Microsoft Windows. They would replace the software. Phone number on caller ID was 920-365-8948 I'm assuming this is a scam. I gave no info....
  8. phone call from microsoft

phone call from microsoft: is it possible that microsoft call customers that there is something wrong with their computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phone-call-from-microsoft/4e173ac8-353b-492b-9436-3fb57fce756c
  9. Phone-call from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone-call from Microsoft?: Yesterday I received a phone-call from "Microsoft" about a so-called computer problem. The caller ID was 0011055474272. I disconnected because I assumed it was a scam. I do not believe Microsoft makes personal calls to users or consumers. For this post I chose "Windows...
  10. Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsolicited call from the Windows support desk: The call came from the number 0016616639923. When I stated that my machine wasn't sending such messages the caller hung up....