Windows 10: Unsolicited update??

Discus and support Unsolicited update?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Not sure where to put this post - I'll start here. This morning while online suddenly my desktop came up with the following: "restart required" -- I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by patriceltic, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Unsolicited update??

Not sure where to put this post - I'll start here. This morning while online suddenly my desktop came up with the following: "restart required" -- I don't know where to look to find what was updated which would require a restart. I checked windows update - nothing this morning. I am not comfortable with this. Malwarebytes did an update yesterday. Any ideas?

:)

patriceltic, Dec 22, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unsolicited update?? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Mystere Win User
    Stop unsolicited emails from Microsoft

These are not "Marketing" materials in the traditional sense, so they are not considered "unsolicited". You signed up for a service and/or product and these emails are intended to help you transition to that product. That's why there is no "unsubscribe" because this is not a mailing list that will continue past the initial "Here's how to use this product" emails.

Mystere, Dec 22, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Unsolicited update??

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Unsolicited update??

1. Unsolicited update?? - Similar Threads - Unsolicited update

2. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings: In my x32Win10ProV22H2 the settings for SNAP and for DISPLAY FULL PATH IN TITLE BAR keep getting reset from time to time. Is there anyway to lock them down to prevent unwanted reversal ?...
  3. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings: In my x32Win10ProV22H2 the settings for SNAP and for DISPLAY FULL PATH IN TITLE BAR keep getting reset from time to time. Is there anyway to lock them down to prevent unwanted reversal ?...
  4. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HP Smart - unsolicited installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Smart - unsolicited installation: I Found a new app installed upon my Windows 11 machine - "HP Smart" - it had been installed automatically without my knowledge on the 28th November. As I don't have any HP Printers, this is somewhat of a mystery as to why it was installed in the first place. Having...
  6. HP Smart - unsolicited installation

HP Smart - unsolicited installation: I Found a new app installed upon my Windows 11 machine - "HP Smart" - it had been installed automatically without my knowledge on the 28th November. As I don't have any HP Printers, this is somewhat of a mystery as to why it was installed in the first place. Having...
  7. How do I disable the unsolicited ads, news and gossip all over windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the unsolicited ads, news and gossip all over windows 11.: I do not wish to read ads, news and gossip while searching my computer. I have read the other guides here that suggest to right click on the taskbar and change the search settings, but there is no option in the search settings to remove whatever it is that windows is trying...
  8. How do I disable the unsolicited ads, news and gossip all over windows 11.

How do I disable the unsolicited ads, news and gossip all over windows 11.: I do not wish to read ads, news and gossip while searching my computer. I have read the other guides here that suggest to right click on the taskbar and change the search settings, but there is no option in the search settings to remove whatever it is that windows is trying...
  9. Unsolicited Call from Microsoft services related to supposed infected computer in order to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsolicited Call from Microsoft services related to supposed infected computer in order to...: Hi, I got today, 01/04/2023 a call from supposed Microsoft services related to hacking of my computer. They were telling that numerous errors were seen at your back office coming from my computer and you were about to block my computer.For information they had my Microsoft...
  10. Unsolicited Call from Microsoft services related to supposed infected computer in order to...

Unsolicited Call from Microsoft services related to supposed infected computer in order to...: Hi, I got today, 01/04/2023 a call from supposed Microsoft services related to hacking of my computer. They were telling that numerous errors were seen at your back office coming from my computer and you were about to block my computer.For information they had my Microsoft...