Windows 10: Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

Discus and support Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some time ago, I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro through the Microsoft Store for $99. Please don't tell me I must have bought it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalterOney, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

Some time ago, I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro through the Microsoft Store for $99. Please don't tell me I must have bought it from someone else -- I have the receipt. The installation failed. The other day, I restarted my computer and ended up with Win 10 Enterprise and a demand that I activate it. But I don't have a product key or digital license for Enterprise, and I don't want one. I purchased a support incident for $499, but the Indian gentleman who handled the case was no help at all.Can anyone help me 1 get a product key so I can rescue my computer from eventual obliv

:)

WalterOney, Oct 26, 2021
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you want more information on how to upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise.

I suggest you to refer the steps by Bill Smithers on August 19, 2015
    in the following thread and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...terprise/221e6ba8-3c40-4e84-99e6-139a6116aacd

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

Does M365 E3 license (trough EA/Volume licensing) also give right to Win 10 Enterprise LTSC (IOT)?

Thanks Carl!

Diving deeper on this, I come to the following:

1. Having M365 E3 at itself gives right to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise.
    2. The Product terms clearly exclude lower editions like Win 10 Ent LTSB/LTSC (which is apparently the same as the IOT) when it comes to certain M365 Suites like the F and the Business suite. No such exclusions are present for the E3 or the E5. Knowing the
      IOT is a bit "dressed down" version of the Win 10 ENT, the Win 10 Enterprise should give you the right to opt for the Win 10 IOT Ent. edition, if you do not have a plan that specifically excludes this.
    3. The right to upgrade using the Win 10 Enterprise Upgrade option in your E3 suite, assumes there is an underlying OEM/qualifying license for your OS.
    4. The Win10 Qualifying OS guidelines state:

The following operating systems qualify for the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade and/or
      Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade through Microsoft Volume Licensing
      :
    5. Followed by a list of OS' that are required and give right to perform an upgrade via the Win 10 Enterprise Upgrade option in your suite (in this case the M365 E3 suite).

So I would say based on this that it is possible to upgrade to Win 10 IOT Enterprise/LTSC if you also comply with the Qualifying OS list.

So for example:

- if you have Windows 7 Embedded POSReady devices, then you cannot upgrade these via the the E3 to either Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 IOT Enterprise, as it is not a qualifying OS.

- if you have Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro, you should be able to upgrade to either Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 IOT Enterprise, as it is a qualifying OS.

Or I am completely wrong and missing something essential here...

Airbender88, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

1. Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Unsolicited upgrade Enterprise

2. windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  3. Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise: Some time ago, I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro through the Microsoft Store for $99. Please don't tell me I must have bought it from someone else -- I have the receipt. The installation failed. The other day, I restarted my computer and ended up with Win 10...
  4. Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsolicited upgrade to Win 10 Enterprise: Some time ago, I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro through the Microsoft Store for $99. Please don't tell me I must have bought it from someone else -- I have the receipt. The installation failed. The other day, I restarted my computer and ended up with Win 10...
  5. Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Enterprise: I have more than 15 new system brand new Fresh installation ,and almost all system freeze/hang up keyboard mouse even not working i couldn't find out any reason related to hardware/software.I found this logs in event logger, Is it related to that or what is the reason of...
  6. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  7. Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise: I went to the Microsoft Store to purchase an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro then suddenly it got an error and got me stuck at Windows 10 Enterprise with no activation key.I'm using the preinstalled version of Windows on a laptop. Also, I made sure to link Windows activation to my...
  8. Upgrade Win 10 Enterprise Manually

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win 10 Enterprise Manually: Hi Dear Microsoft Team, I would like to ask if it is possible to update manually Win 10 Enterprise LSTB OS downloading the last version personally. The computer I want to update is located in a remote position without access to internet connections and it has problems with...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Enterprise N x86 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win 7 Enterprise N x86 to Win 10: Hello. I have genuine Win 7 Enterprise N x86 on my laptop. And I want to upgrade it to Win 10. Which Win 10 version ISO should I download to get locally updated by mounting the ISO and double click the setup.exe within the mounted ISO? I already upgraded my Win 7...
  10. Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent

in Windows 10 Support
    Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent: Hi , I picked up a cheap second hand laptop with win7 enterprise from a carboot sale and have 2 issues .( Its all working fine albeit a bit slow ) I want to give this to my grandkids for homework etc . 1 : Am I able to upgrade to win 10 from 7 enterprise as I did with...