Windows 10: Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app

Discus and support Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows was working fine. I was watching a video file in 'Pot player', suddenly it behave something weird. like: it's pause and play the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by R_akibulIslam, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app

My windows was working fine. I was watching a video file in 'Pot player', suddenly it behave something weird. like: it's pause and play the video continuously. Than i close it and start another video, after playing some minutes start same thing. Than i go to folder where i keep many videos and try to start one from their. but pot player has opened many copy of it with different video of that folder and PC hanged up and i have to shutdown it forcefully.

Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app d378442c-5578-4f75-ae8f-274846bce470?upload=true.png

Than i uninstall pot player and try to play video on windows default player, but it has some problem "play and pause".

Than i go to task manager to see which process is executing weirdly, than i see it is "Services and controller app" it taking the CPU again and again. and CPU executing curve like that. when it takes than curve high than again low.

Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app 93d174fe-9f88-4315-a9a4-cd020644c192?upload=true.png

You can see how frequently it's taking CPU.

I don't know what to do, that why i try to end the process of "services and controller app" but failed and give a dialogue box with access denied notification.

:)

R_akibulIslam, Jul 14, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 14, 2020
  3. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 14, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app

1. Unstable behavior of Services and Controller app - Similar Threads - Unstable behavior Services

2. Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior: Scenario:There are a number of programs that store files in the OneDrive "Documents" Folder. Bad design, there is no need for those particular files to be there.The programs in question don't have an option to relocate those files more bad design and I've found no reference...
  3. Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior: Scenario:There are a number of programs that store files in the OneDrive "Documents" Folder. Bad design, there is no need for those particular files to be there.The programs in question don't have an option to relocate those files more bad design and I've found no reference...
  4. Controlling OneDrive's uploading behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Services and controller app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Services and controller app: We have a year old Windows 10 machine that my daughter uses for homework. No dodgy software no recent downloads. Tonight out of the blue the machine has crawled to snail’s pace. Checking the task manager I see the Services and Controller app is running at 80% CPU usage - and...
  6. Services and Controller app CPU usage

Services and Controller app CPU usage: The Services and Controller app randomly spike at around 40% of my CPU, I have checked for Seguarzo and "LenovoVantageService" but niether are there, have also searched in the registry for it. Is there anyway to find out what exactly is causing these spikes?...
  7. Services And Controller app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Services And Controller app: Ummmmmm What the check. Why is my laptop being like this. I've done a clean startup or something but that didn't worl at all. The services and controller app running at 95% and making my cpu at 100% after five minutes of doing nothing and staying idle and it just stay like...
  8. Services and controller app

Services and controller app: We have a year old Windows 10 machine that my daughter uses for homework. No dodgy software..no recent downloads. Tonight out of the blue the machine has crawled to snail’s pace. Checking the task manager I see the Services and Controller app is running at 70% CPU usage - and...
  9. Browser controls unstable

in Browsers and Email
    Browser controls unstable: (Moved from the thread 'Minimizing the browser window') A few days ago my wife drew my attention to her Win 8.1 IE browser where the Minimize, Maximize and Close icons had suddenly disappeared from the top of the browser. I checked the problem on my Win 10 Edge browser and...
  10. App Defaults Unstable

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Defaults Unstable: Whenever we try to open a document that is unusual, Windows 10 changes our PDFs to open in TWINUI. HTMLs change to "Launch Windows App." This keeps happening and wastes a lot of our work time, repeatedly having to fix it. Internet research suggests that it is a Windows 10...