Windows 10: Unstable System

Discus and support Unstable System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win 10 64 21H1:I'm experiencing random reboot issues. It started during the latest update series. After the last update, it happens often enough the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HomeFrontGuRu, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Unstable System

Win 10 64 21H1:I'm experiencing random reboot issues. It started during the latest update series. After the last update, it happens often enough the system is unusable. I've attempted to restart in safe mode and once got as far as the American Megatrends BIOS. I noticed that clocking was in the 4G range. I didn't have time to see all that was listed but noted it was in yellow rather than white fonts. I haven't had to debug a system that I couldn't boot before. I need a starting place for debugging.

:)

HomeFrontGuRu, Sep 20, 2021

2. Help with unstable system

latest update,
    I have changed psu for xfx 750W and keeping to stock values and use on board graphics, the system seems stable , has been for several days. If I try to unleash, then Its prone to occasional crashing.
    So next step was to put HD6950 in with CPU in stock setting.
    System very unstable again. crashes after about 5 mins.
    I have lots of fans , CPU temp ~35deg, HDD ~30deg,
    HD6950 ~ 49deg
    When system crashes, I dont get bSOD but a grey screen with thin black vertical lines. I then have to re-boot . I get back, Windows reports error with usual 124 error.
    Could the CPU be an issue ?
    Dont have another to test.
    Any suggestions ?
    Thank you

gmastra100, Sep 20, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Unstable System

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Unstable System

1. Unstable System - Similar Threads - Unstable System

2. Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer: Hello,Recently my system has been getting progressively worse. This started at the end of February. But, just today alone when I look in the event viewer I have had hundreds of errors saying "The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3...
  3. Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer: Hello,Recently my system has been getting progressively worse. This started at the end of February. But, just today alone when I look in the event viewer I have had hundreds of errors saying "The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3...
  4. Unstable System: Event id 41, BugcheckCode 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unstable System: Event id 41, BugcheckCode 10: Hello I have following problem:I have had 12 restarts in 2 days, the PC just restarts while in use or idle and the same event id is shown in the event log. I am not sure if this is related to the fact that I have been rearranging my HDDs as to have everything organized. I...
  5. Unstable System: Event id 41, BugcheckCode 10

Unstable System: Event id 41, BugcheckCode 10: Hello I have following problem:I have had 12 restarts in 2 days, the PC just restarts while in use or idle and the same event id is shown in the event log. I am not sure if this is related to the fact that I have been rearranging my HDDs as to have everything organized. I...
  6. System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...: I built a new PC with all new components and I bought a new Win11 Pro, and I had some system instability which started when playing some games, which started as slowing PC, and then BSOD.Since BSODs became frequent reformatted the SSD and put Win11 again, but since then the...
  7. System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...

System is unstable, having BSOD. Can anyone help? DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE...: I built a new PC with all new components and I bought a new Win11 Pro, and I had some system instability which started when playing some games, which started as slowing PC, and then BSOD.Since BSODs became frequent reformatted the SSD and put Win11 again, but since then the...
  8. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system: Hi, my system is unstable and I'd like to do a clean install but I only have the DVD for Windows 7 Ultimate - I upgraded to 10 Pro as part of the free offer.I tried to create an installation USB using the Media Creation Tool, but it sticks at 0% because my network status is...
  9. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system: Hi, my system is unstable and I'd like to do a clean install but I only have the DVD for Windows 7 Ultimate - I upgraded to 10 Pro as part of the free offer.I tried to create an installation USB using the Media Creation Tool, but it sticks at 0% because my network status is...
  10. Problem using Media Creation Tool on unstable system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade