Windows 10: Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds

Discus and support Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I reset my windows "a month ago" WIFI connection become unstable. It's turn off every while "5:10 seconds" and turn on after another seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MElfarouk, Mar 22, 2019.

1. MElfarouk Win User

Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds

Since I reset my windows "a month ago" WIFI connection become unstable. It's turn off every while "5:10 seconds" and turn on after another seconds while it work very good with LAN cable in. I tried several salutations as:

• Troubleshoot connection and it find now issue.
    • Device Diagnostic and find no issue.
    • Check for driver update "in device manager" and it show up to date.
    • Rest WIFI auto configuration after removing old WIFI profile.
    • Turn off power management.
    • Network reset.

All above solution did not solve the issue. Please note my Laptop is DELL XPS M1330 and my card is Dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini-card and it's driver provider is Microsoft as manufactory do not support Win 10 for that model. P.S the connection was working good on WIN 10 before the rest.

:)

MElfarouk, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Victor Win User

cannot turn on wifi on acer laptop

Laptop model: Acer Aspire A515-51-59DP

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Settings > WiFi Settings > Turn On WiFi (it shows as off). That switches the toggle, but never turns on. If I reload the WiFi settings, it shows as off again.
    2. It does have a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable WiFi (Fn + F3), but that does nothing at all. (the other F-key hotkeys work). This machine does not have a hardware switch for WiFi.
    3. Reinstalled WiFi driver.
    4. Replaced WiFi card, installed drivers.
    5. Disabled power management (don't allow Windows to turn off wireless)
    6. Found a couple posts that said with Intel cards to disable 40hz. Now explicit setting for that here, but found one similar and changing it did nothing.
    7. I don't see anything in the BIOS for enabling/disabling it.
    8. Restarted machine multiple times. Also pulled battery and cord and held power for 30 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Video of the problem:

Victor, Mar 22, 2019
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Mar 22, 2019
  4. AsphyxiA Win User

Best WIFI card for Linux

i have not had a whole lot of luck with the wrappers plus there are a lot of supported wifi cards out there. I think I might just go with either Atheros or Ralink based card. Ralinks probably on the top of the list.

AsphyxiA, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds - Similar Threads - Unstable Wifi WIFI

2. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  3. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds: i have tried every but the internet suddenly drops to zero and then regain it network i have also check my wifi it is al better and fine please help m e...
  4. WiFi speed drops to ZERO in every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off

Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off: Hello I've been using my laptop for about 9 months now and everything was going fine up until a few days ago, the wifi card started to turn off repeatedly, this started when I was playing CSGO i thought it was nothing so I restarted my laptop twice and it worked, then it...
  6. Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off

Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off: Hello I've been using my laptop for about 9 months now and everything was going fine up until a few days ago, the wifi card started to turn off repeatedly, this started when I was playing CSGO i thought it was nothing so I restarted my laptop twice and it worked, then it...
  7. Wifi Card Keeps Turning Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Wifi ping spikes every few seconds

Wifi ping spikes every few seconds: Hello,Recently I got a new laptop,all seemed fine until I decided to go play some games on it, I was having major ping spikes every few seconds and it really sucks. when I ping my router /google in both cases I get spikes that go up to around 2000-3000ms occurs once then goes...
  9. Wifi disconnects for a few seconds

Wifi disconnects for a few seconds: I am having an issue with my HP Envy 17 j177nr laptop. When connected to the internet via wifi, I will lose connection for a few seconds. During this, I will have a "no" symbol over the globe in the taskbar. The laptop will connect back to the internet after 3 - 5 seconds....
  10. Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds: Hi, My integrated webcam kept turning itself off after a few seconds, coming back on, turning off again after 2 seconds etc I decided to get just to get a new webcam and plug it in via USB but the exact same thing is happening with the new webcam as well so the problem...