Windows 10: Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds

Discus and support Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I reset my windows "a month ago" WIFI connection become unstable. It's turn off every while "5:10 seconds" and turn on after another seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MElfarouk, Mar 22, 2019.

1. MElfarouk Win User

Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds

Since I reset my windows "a month ago" WIFI connection become unstable. It's turn off every while "5:10 seconds" and turn on after another seconds while it work very good with LAN cable in. I tried several salutations as:

• Troubleshoot connection and it find now issue.
    • Device Diagnostic and find no issue.
    • Check for driver update "in device manager" and it show up to date.
    • Rest WIFI auto configuration after removing old WIFI profile.
    • Turn off power management.
    • Network reset.

All above solution did not solve the issue. Please note my Laptop is DELL XPS M1330 and my card is Dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini-card and it's driver provider is Microsoft as manufactory do not support Win 10 for that model. P.S the connection was working good on WIN 10 before the rest.

:)

MElfarouk, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Victor Win User

cannot turn on wifi on acer laptop

Laptop model: Acer Aspire A515-51-59DP

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Settings > WiFi Settings > Turn On WiFi (it shows as off). That switches the toggle, but never turns on. If I reload the WiFi settings, it shows as off again.
    2. It does have a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable WiFi (Fn + F3), but that does nothing at all. (the other F-key hotkeys work). This machine does not have a hardware switch for WiFi.
    3. Reinstalled WiFi driver.
    4. Replaced WiFi card, installed drivers.
    5. Disabled power management (don't allow Windows to turn off wireless)
    6. Found a couple posts that said with Intel cards to disable 40hz. Now explicit setting for that here, but found one similar and changing it did nothing.
    7. I don't see anything in the BIOS for enabling/disabling it.
    8. Restarted machine multiple times. Also pulled battery and cord and held power for 30 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Video of the problem:

Victor, Mar 22, 2019
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Mar 22, 2019
  4. AsphyxiA Win User

Best WIFI card for Linux

i have not had a whole lot of luck with the wrappers plus there are a lot of supported wifi cards out there. I think I might just go with either Atheros or Ralink based card. Ralinks probably on the top of the list.

AsphyxiA, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds - Similar Threads - Unstable Wifi WIFI

2. Wifi card wont turn on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi card wont turn on: I have a Panasonic CF-19 with windows 10 latest update. Anytime laptop goes to sleep when it wakes back up it will not turn wifi card back on. I am not having the issue everyone else has where they have to manually reconnect to the network. It tells me my wifi is off and will...
  3. Wifi keeps turning off

Wifi keeps turning off: My wifi will randomly turn off. Especially if I switch wifi sources (from home internet to wifi) and then it will act like it can't find any internet. It keeps thinking my ethernet port is the issue. About 70% of the time, I have to restart for it to work. Sometimes more than...
  4. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: This problem "since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from...
  5. Bluetooth mouse turns on for a few seconds, then turns off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse turns on for a few seconds, then turns off.: So, I got a Gearhead bluetooth mouse like a year ago, (Model Number: MPT3200RED) and it worked fine when I first got it, like a standard mouse. And when I turned it on, it stayed on. A few weeks ago, my friend got me a game, and it's best played w/mouse, so I got my mouse and...
  6. WiFi turning off automatically

WiFi turning off automatically: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My laptop computer was working fine and then one day it wouldn't connect to the internet using WiFi (I got the little red stop sign with an X in it)? It says I'm not connected to the internet and that my WiFi is turned off. When I go to Network and...
  7. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...
  8. Difference In Turning Off Wifi

Difference In Turning Off Wifi: Is there any difference between turning off wifi with the quick action button vs disconnecting? 97301
  9. W-LAN extremely unstable, disconnects every few seconds

W-LAN extremely unstable, disconnects every few seconds: Hello, I have been experiencing problems with the internet on my desktop PC. Every time I try to connect my W-LAN I have Internet for about 10 - 30 seconds before I lose Internet access (despite still being connected to the network). I then spend several minutes, dis- and...
  10. Turn off WiFi adapter

Turn off WiFi adapter: Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594