Windows 10: Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update

Discus and support Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 04/05/2020 - I am running an HP Pavilion p6724y Desktop - Updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, as soon as it was released Pentium E5700 Processor -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ssg978, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ssg978 Win User

Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update

04/05/2020 - I am running an HP Pavilion p6724y Desktop - Updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, as soon as it was released

Pentium E5700 Processor - 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel GMA x4500 Integrated Graphics

Windows v. 1903 - Build 18362.657

Yes, this is an older computer, with an older and not too powerful processor. There is no update for this BIOS. However, ever since October's update, all four of the computers in my home, but especially this HP that I'm currently on, have had ongoing stability problems. I have to have the Task Manager open at all times. My CPU usage is minimal at any time. Currently, with Outlook also open, I'm running at about 25%. Yet, if I attempt to open numerous programs, e.g. Quicken Home & Business 2019 latest update, Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome, Stamps.com, etc., it can take upwards of five minutes or more for the app to just open. But being open is not the same as "running". Both Stamps.com also latest update and Quicken, open partially and then stop responding crash! Sometimes, if I highlight the app in the Task Manager, it starts to work again. That may occur 25% of the time. The other 75%? The app crashes and I need to use Task Manager to close the app down.

Early last month, I called tech support, case #1495618360. The agent went through all the temp files, settings percentages and Prefetch. He also provide a path to run "restore" health, but I was unable to access it correctly. If this was just this one computer, I would chalk it up to chance. But it is not. The HP desktop I use on the desk next to me, a 2016 HP Desktop, has similar problems. My 2017 HP laptop, has the same problems, as does my wife's 2017 HP laptop. The agent then blamed the problem on my processor. It's bios is too old to handle today's Windows 10 and other software. Really? Then why the f**k are computers that still running Windows 7, working well? And yet, for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, who upgraded to Windows 10, we're screwed!

Over the course of time, I have used Norton Internet Security, Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro Serve to verify that there is no malware of any kind in my computers. Nothing more than cookies and PUP's have been found.

Reading both on CNET and PCWorld, Microsoft acknowledged problems in the update and "patches" or "fixes" were forthcoming.

Where the hell are they? Those same trades were the ones who shared the news that millions of Windows 10-based computers were all acting "wonky" due to the update. Now here we are in April 2020, in the midst of the largest, worldwide health crisis in over a century, and the largest operating system on the planet is screwed up.

If updates to the free version of Windows 10 cannot be used by a certain level of processor, THAN TELL US IN ADVANCE! Don't automatically update the system with a version that screw up the works, without prior notice!

A couple of years ago, this very same computer was hung on an update reboot. I had rebooted the computer more than a half dozen times. No luck. I called Tech Support and when I told the agent what the problem was, his exact words were, "What did you expect? You got it for nothing!" I blew my top and "politely" requested a supervisor. I explained to her what was said and she too, became very angry with that agent. Eventually, she sent me to a Microsoft Store and of course, as soon as we turned on the computer, it booted up properly.

What has happened to the old Microsoft, that cared about the excellent quality of its products and more so, for it's customers. I've tried to call in multiple times since the phone call mentioned above with the case number, but the wait is inexorable! Call backs? If you're not ready with a number dial when you receive the callback, it disconnects in seconds.

Somebody out in this community must know and understand what I am complaining about. Maybe the numbers are the only solace in this circumstance. I use this computer for all of our household finances. And I have a decent program to help me, but if that program crashes almost every times it's loaded. And none of this ever occurred until the October Windows Update!

MICROSOFT - you owe US big-time! You admitted there were errors, yet no patch every appeared. I have updated all four of these computers since then, with the hope that the patch was included. I don't give a **** if my phone and talk to my computer! I do care about paying my bills, mailing what has to be mailed, recorded instructions for my students!

I/we need HELP! If you're not going to help us, tell us now! That way, we'll know not to look to you for help or products any longer!

:)

ssg978, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes

October 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: October 08, 2019

The October security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • ChakraCore
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • SQL Server Management Studio
    • Open Source Software
    • Microsoft Dynamics 365
    • Windows Update Assistant
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

[table][tr][td]4519338[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519974[/td][td]Internet Explorer[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519976[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519985[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519990[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519998[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520004[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520005[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520007[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520008[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520010[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1703[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520011[/td][td]Windows 10{{windowTitle}}[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Apr 5, 2020
  4. krzemien Win User

Cumulative Update KB4520062 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.832 - Oct. 15 Win Update

Well:

Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection might stop running
    The Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service might stop running and might fail to send reporting data. You might also receive a 0xc0000409 error in Event Viewer on MsSense.exe.
    Affected platforms:

• Client: Windows 10, version 1809; Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
    • Server: Windows Server, version 1809; Windows Server 2019
    Next steps: At this time, we suggest that devices in an affected environment do not install KB4520062. We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in mid-November.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...019#360msgdesc

(via The second “optional non-security” October cumulative update for Win10 version 1809 breaks MS Defender Advanced Threat Protection @ AskWoody)

krzemien, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Unstable Environment Since

2. Unable to update windows since 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows since 2019: For a long time, I have been unable to update my windows computer and receive the message: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  3. Unable to Access (D:): Drive Since October/November Update 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Access (D:): Drive Since October/November Update 2019: Hi everyone! Recently I updated my laptop to the latest version of windows, however I have run into a few issues since the update. I discovered the issues while trying to open and run a game through steam and I found that nothing was working due to the location I had...
  4. Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working

Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working: Office Word says Epson X100 series printer is not set up properly and has not worked since latest Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-latest-october-2019-windows-10-update/8ed36798-7bd3-49b8-a630-8612f6cf5331
  5. October 2019 WIndows Update

October 2019 WIndows Update: Last night prior to going to bed I activated the newest windows update. This morning when I went to check it was stuck on the black screen, so I shut down my system and decided to deal with it when I returned from work. Now I get my home screen , my desktop is empty and...
  6. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2019 Security Updates Release Date: October 08, 2019 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  7. Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update

Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update: Updated to 1903 three days ago (6-2-19) and my computer is crashing a lot. Watching videos, writing emails, doing nothing just on and computer decides to re-boot or computer didn't shut down properly and I will see the computer trying to recover. Computer has crashed approx....
  8. Windows Hello Not working since October Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Not working since October Update: Since I did a fresh install of the October update, I haven't been able to use the windows hello feature. This is on a surface pro 4, which is domain joined. I have tried changing the group policy settings but still nothing. Under the PIN setting in Sign-in options it says...
  9. No Windows Updates Since October

No Windows Updates Since October: I thought it was odd that i hadn't been able to update anything in ages. so i googled to see if anyone else had this issue & google almost blew up lol. i saw people having issues with files getting deleted, & many other things. i never NOTICED anything getting deleted but 99%...
  10. No sound since October Windows 10 update

No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...