Windows 10: Unsual punctuation in text.

Discus and support Unsual punctuation in text. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Jul 28, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Unsual punctuation in text.

I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as &Apos;something or other. Here is an example of one case. Week's appears as Week&Apos;s The ' is replaced by the &Apos thing.

What causes this and can it be fixed.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jul 28, 2017

2. Punctuation in Spoken Texts

I gave up and got an Android. I love Windows phone but lost patience with the app gap and lack of basic functionality found on iOS and Android such as tap to pay and the ability to dictate punctuation.

BradLovelace, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Kai Ponte Win User
    Punctuation in Spoken Texts

Okay, I stand corrected. I just was going post a screenshot of how dictation does not handle punctuation. As I did the dictation, I noticed something. The words, "question mark" and "comma" were put on the screen, then replaced by the correct punctuation.

Yay!

Unsual punctuation in text. [​IMG]

Kai Ponte, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Unsual punctuation in text.

Hi JJG10

I get that a lot in emails that have been forwarded several times. Who knows what kind of a computer originally wrote the text?
    But they probably were not using a font and style that is native to the PC.

If it's something that I want to forward, I just go through the message and fix the weird characters.

Actually, I've not seen that now, for some time, so I'm thinking it's not as common as it used to be.

But hey.....it's not your fault, so don't worry about it, unless there's something you want to pass on to others.
    Then be nice to your email friends and fix it before you send it.

Cheers Mate!

*Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 28, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you Matel,

It is surprising to me that a news organization like USA Today would do that. I went to the USA Today website and fount the same thing there.

Go figure!

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unsual punctuation in text.

1. Unsual punctuation in text. - Similar Threads - Unsual punctuation text

2. Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.

in Cortana
    Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.: The dictation is pretty slick, however it leaves a lot of messy formatting to clean up. For example I dictate a sentence and then say period. It always puts a space before the period. Similarly when i say open quote it always leaves a space after the quote. Is there a...
  3. Punctuation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Punctuation: Why does back slash right hashtags and when i press shift-backslash it writes a ~. but i i do what im supposed to do to write a ~, i get a ¬. shift-2 writes ". shift-3 writes £. shift-' writes @. How do i fix? BTW I choose windows cuz i think it software issue. but how to...
  4. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  5. Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language: I am using Windows 10 Pro latest build . I need to type Bangla so that I installed the Bangla language pack and got the Bangla [India] inscript keyboard . The problem is that punctuation marks and symbols are not available for typing. Question mark, Colon, Semicolon,...
  6. No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...: There is no Bengali numeric in Windows 10 built in Bengali inscript keyboard and no Punctuation marks . These is so irritating and frustrating . Bengali is world's 7th largest language by the number of speakers . People of Bangladesh and several Indian provinces uses Bengali...
  7. keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation: suddenly I cannot access the punctuation symbols on the top line of my Lenovo wireless keyboard, numbers are okay but nothing else is there a simple solution. I have windows 10, also various other symbols such as the question mark, arrows, plus sign etc.This happened...
  8. text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text: im trying to dowload itunes on my pc i have the windows 10 update but i am receiving error code 0x80000FFFF, can someone help me fix this now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/text/3377bfac-1af8-4820-9c49-cd1b88d720e1
  9. Texting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Texting?: Is there an App or Software that would let my laptop (running Win 10) text someone's phone? 60451
  10. Punctuation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Punctuation problem: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe others. Any ideas why this is happening? TIA, Bob 28674