Windows 10: Unsual punctuation in text.

Discus and support Unsual punctuation in text. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Jul 28, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Unsual punctuation in text.

I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as &Apos;something or other. Here is an example of one case. Week's appears as Week&Apos;s The ' is replaced by the &Apos thing.

What causes this and can it be fixed.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jul 28, 2017

2. Punctuation in Spoken Texts

I gave up and got an Android. I love Windows phone but lost patience with the app gap and lack of basic functionality found on iOS and Android such as tap to pay and the ability to dictate punctuation.

BradLovelace, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Kai Ponte Win User
    Punctuation in Spoken Texts

Okay, I stand corrected. I just was going post a screenshot of how dictation does not handle punctuation. As I did the dictation, I noticed something. The words, "question mark" and "comma" were put on the screen, then replaced by the correct punctuation.

Yay!

Unsual punctuation in text. [​IMG]

Kai Ponte, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Unsual punctuation in text.

Hi JJG10

I get that a lot in emails that have been forwarded several times. Who knows what kind of a computer originally wrote the text?
    But they probably were not using a font and style that is native to the PC.

If it's something that I want to forward, I just go through the message and fix the weird characters.

Actually, I've not seen that now, for some time, so I'm thinking it's not as common as it used to be.

But hey.....it's not your fault, so don't worry about it, unless there's something you want to pass on to others.
    Then be nice to your email friends and fix it before you send it.

Cheers Mate!

*Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 28, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you Matel,

It is surprising to me that a news organization like USA Today would do that. I went to the USA Today website and fount the same thing there.

Go figure!

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unsual punctuation in text.

1. Unsual punctuation in text. - Similar Threads - Unsual punctuation text

2. Office 365 Punctuation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 Punctuation not working: --- Computer Information --- Model: Dell OptiPlex 5080 Current OS: Windows 10 22H2 --- Issue --- I have a user who is having an issue with his dictation function in Outlook and Word. When he says "comma", the software transcribes the word "comma" instead of inserting the...
  3. Office 365 Punctuation not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 Punctuation not working: --- Computer Information --- Model: Dell OptiPlex 5080 Current OS: Windows 10 22H2 --- Issue --- I have a user who is having an issue with his dictation function in Outlook and Word. When he says "comma", the software transcribes the word "comma" instead of inserting the...
  4. Punctuation marks problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Punctuation marks problem: On the keyboard, I can't type punctuation marks. When I try to write, for example, a long "i" it writes two dashes and then the letter. Here is an example: ´´i. I tried reinstalling the language in windows and reconnected the keyboard multiple times. Also, earlier, when I...
  5. Punctuation marks problem

Punctuation marks problem: On the keyboard, I can't type punctuation marks. When I try to write, for example, a long "i" it writes two dashes and then the letter. Here is an example: ´´i. I tried reinstalling the language in windows and reconnected the keyboard multiple times. Also, earlier, when I...
  6. Pc unsual boot up time and random freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc unsual boot up time and random freezing: So i re-installed my windows 10 last week with a fresh install, ever since my pc takes alot of time to actually boot up , first time i thought it was my monitor but my pc was on , the fans were on , the ram lights up , the gpu works everything fine but my monitor and...
  7. Pc unsual boot up time and random freezing

Pc unsual boot up time and random freezing: So i re-installed my windows 10 last week with a fresh install, ever since my pc takes alot of time to actually boot up , first time i thought it was my monitor but my pc was on , the fans were on , the ram lights up , the gpu works everything fine but my monitor and...
  8. Punctuation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Punctuation: Why does back slash right hashtags and when i press shift-backslash it writes a ~. but i i do what im supposed to do to write a ~, i get a ¬. shift-2 writes ". shift-3 writes £. shift-' writes @. How do i fix? BTW I choose windows cuz i think it software issue. but how to...
  9. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  10. Punctuation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Punctuation problem: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe others. Any ideas why this is happening? TIA, Bob 28674