Windows 10: Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

Discus and support Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In the past month, I've been receiving unsuccessful login notifications from foreign IP addresses such as Chile, Turkey, the US, Brazil, etc. using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nguyễn Lê Minh Anh, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

In the past month, I've been receiving unsuccessful login notifications from foreign IP addresses such as Chile, Turkey, the US, Brazil, etc. using IMAP protocol and web brower. The latest one was on April 22nd, with 10 unsuccessful automatic sync attempts from different IPs. This is the first time I've encountered this issue. I haven't received any warnings from Microsoft, and I just noticed it today, which concerns me greatly. I've already changed my password and set up two-factor authentication. What else should I do to protect my account? I log in from both my laptop, iPhone, and iPad. I'm

:)

Nguyễn Lê Minh Anh, Apr 25, 2024

2. So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account

Throughout this entire week, numerous of my accounts have been hacked, or at least someone has attempted to hack them and some may have already been hacked that I don't know of. When I checked my microsoft recent activities there is a VERY long list of unsuccessful login attempts all from different ips at different times and sometimes different locations, should I be concerned? Thanks

Russell⠀, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Persistent Unsuccessful Login Attempts Using Internet Explorer on 2023

I checked my sign-activity for the first time and found out unsuccessful login attempts in the past several months. Many are from foreign countries (probably using a VPN) but this certain IP address has been doing it often.

Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ? wIOMFSaRv7CZBXNLQPPxwACZlUMtb%2bq43stox2SFB6NQg8bzGtZpwTWQxrh0%2fLhV586KuD0YbkQvaI9R3zUwXaa8g%3d.png

Since this attempt is unsuccessful, I didn't receive any email notification telling me to make my account more secure. After this happened, I decided to change my default account alias and disable the old one, with a thought in my mind that such change is enough to prevent any further login attempt.

Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ? BGKX7mIlBzLwO4wadNPENSjhOpig04vcQixqIeoBLSMSoM0FANQoPeMFVNm8OAIIQiClnNinemJVA2f8a5SKYz00uBH9o%3d.png

To my surprise, I saw another login attempt even after changing my account alias. Again, no security prompts were triggered as it was unsuccessful. After this happened, I decided to turn on my two-step verification just to be extra safe, using the Microsoft Authenticator to authorize any login attempt...

Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ? Xo3av3uQRjs1mVO%2b0O9t0oZbfXkh%2bSH7RAIPaKjeVLxFtvzAuOcI2QFPW0e9eDQ87WSXESIl6kkcNK8Rvwu5mAxVo%3d.png

Last night, they managed to do another unsuccessful attempt. What bothers me the most is how did they even managed to input a password in the attempt even with Microsoft Authenticator enabled on my phone, where after typing my account alias supposedly only requires my one tap to authorize. It occurred to me that it was probably because they were using Internet Explorer, a browser Windows no longer supports.

In addition, the geolocation of the IP address is close to my real location. Most attempts occur after I turn my laptop on.

This has been really bothering me. I want them to stop doing it. Is there any way I could block this IP address? Please help.

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Security and privacy***

EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII).

Julie Ann Estrada, Apr 25, 2024
  4. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

Urgent: Unsuccessful Attempts and Suspicious Activity on Microsoft Account

Hello Microsoft Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding my Microsoft account, as I have been experiencing a concerning pattern of unsuccessful login attempts and suspicious activity.

Over the past few days, there have been numerous unsuccessful attempts to access my Microsoft account from different locations, including Germany, China, and various other countries. The frequency of these unauthorized login attempts is alarming, and the locations seem to change every hour.

I am deeply concerned about the security of my account and would appreciate any guidance or support you can provide to help me secure it. I have already taken some steps on my end, such as changing my password and enabling two-factor authentication, but the attempts persist.

Is there any additional security measure I can implement to safeguard my Microsoft account further? Additionally, is there a way to track or block these unauthorized login attempts more effectively?

Your prompt assistance in this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you for your attention to this urgent issue.

Best regards,

Ali jawadi, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

1. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ? - Similar Threads - Unsuccessful login sync

2. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?: In the past month, I've been receiving unsuccessful login notifications from foreign IP addresses such as Chile, Turkey, the US, Brazil, etc. using IMAP protocol and web brower. The latest one was on April 22nd, with 10 unsuccessful automatic sync attempts from different IPs....
  3. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  4. Foreign Security Principals - Azure AD Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Foreign Security Principals - Azure AD Sync: Hi,My AD Forest AD_Forest_EUR is part of an M365 Tenant alongside the separate AD Forest AD_Forest_NA of our parent company. A two-way transitive trust exists between AD_Forest_EUR and AD_Forest_NA and both forests sync up to Azure via a single Azure AD Connect instance...
  5. Foreign Security Principals - Azure AD Sync

Foreign Security Principals - Azure AD Sync: Hi,My AD Forest AD_Forest_EUR is part of an M365 Tenant alongside the separate AD Forest AD_Forest_NA of our parent company. A two-way transitive trust exists between AD_Forest_EUR and AD_Forest_NA and both forests sync up to Azure via a single Azure AD Connect instance...
  6. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful sign-in attempt: Hello. A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been. The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my...
  7. Unsuccessful Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsuccessful Login Attempts: I’ve noticed starting the 19th of April that I’ve had a bunch of unsuccessful login attempts via IMAP. I clicked on them and it specifically says (I’m paraphrasing a bit) you don’t have to change your password you are secure. Every single one was unsuccessful. I have 2FA on...
  8. Unsuccessful Sync

Unsuccessful Sync: Hi, Does anyone know what this means? is someone trying to get access to my account? random locations etc. It seems to "attempt" every 2-3 days with different IP addresses and locations. [ATTACH]...
  9. IP addresses foreign.

IP addresses foreign.: How to remove foreign IP addresses plus block them from getting back in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-addresses-foreign/e73044bc-15ce-4d25-b29b-61a051181c15"
  10. Foreign IP addresses

Foreign IP addresses: I keep getting calls about how I have foreign IP addresses on my computer. They tell me how to look and I do see them......... But when they want to get on my computer that is a Big NO. How would I get rid of the foreign IP addresses myself??? Thanks for any help Deb...