Windows 10: Unsuccessful Login Attempts

Discus and support Unsuccessful Login Attempts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve noticed starting the 19th of April that I’ve had a bunch of unsuccessful login attempts via IMAP. I clicked on them and it specifically says (I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GwanYo, May 20, 2020.

1. /u/GwanYo Win User

Unsuccessful Login Attempts

I’ve noticed starting the 19th of April that I’ve had a bunch of unsuccessful login attempts via IMAP. I clicked on them and it specifically says (I’m paraphrasing a bit) you don’t have to change your password you are secure. Every single one was unsuccessful.

I have 2FA on and I have changed the password to something long and random about a week ago but about 2 hours ago I had another unsuccessful attempt. All the attempts are from random countries (China, Taiwan, Italy ect,) with a couple that didn’t have a country listed and it looks like there was about 12 or so.

Should I be concerned? Based on what I’ve looked up other people have had this issue but I’m not to tech savvy so I’m not 100 percent sure.

submitted by /u/GwanYo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GwanYo, May 20, 2020
  2. L8TE Win User

Login successful. Login unsuccessful...?

Hi, I have this 'problem' every time I login on my computer. After writing my password and clicking the button welcome-screen flashes and then there comes a message saying something like:
    Only option the message give is to click on OK-button. And there is also this Windows defender saying that it's disabled due to Group policies. I'm not sure does it have anything to do with this login-problem of mine. Googling didn't give any answer for this.

3. AlexRu Win User
    Why successful login in Windows 10 is faster than an unsuccessful login

On Windows 10 it seems that after entering the login credentials, the time to login successfully is way shorter than the time for unsuccessful attempt. Where does Windows search for account, when we successfully login probably it utilizes a cached detail and does not consult the server? Any further insight, thank you!

AlexRu, May 20, 2020
  4. Unsuccessful Login Attempts

My Identity has been stolen, please help

If they were unsuccessful that's OK. Its when they're successful that you have to immediately change your password. Two Step Verification is also a good thing to have whether the sign in attempt was successful or not *Smile

sportsfan148, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Unsuccessful Login Attempts

1. Unsuccessful Login Attempts - Similar Threads - Unsuccessful Login Attempts

2. Urgent: Unsuccessful Attempts and Suspicious Activity on Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent: Unsuccessful Attempts and Suspicious Activity on Microsoft Account: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding my Microsoft account, as I have been experiencing a concerning pattern of unsuccessful login attempts and suspicious activity.Over the past few days, there have been...
  3. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  4. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  5. Persistent Unsuccessful Login Attempts Using Internet Explorer on 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Unsuccessful Login Attempts Using Internet Explorer on 2023: I checked my sign-activity for the first time and found out unsuccessful login attempts in the past serveral months. Many are from foreign countries probably using a VPN but this certain IP address has been doing it often.Since this attempt is unsuccessful, I didn't receive...
  6. Persistent Unsuccessful Login Attempts Using Internet Explorer on 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Unsuccessful Login Attempts Using Internet Explorer on 2023: I checked my sign-activity for the first time and found out unsuccessful login attempts in the past serveral months. Many are from foreign countries probably using a VPN but this certain IP address has been doing it often.Since this attempt is unsuccessful, I didn't receive...
  7. older game installation attempt unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    older game installation attempt unsuccessful: I have Windows 10 on my HP and am trying to install a 20 yr old game from The Learning Company which I was told would install without a hitch... When I placed the disc in my DVD RW drive it asked me if I wanted to install and I clicked 'yes'. After about 30 seconds it stated...
  8. Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts: Hello. Recently I posted about seeing several "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts in my sign-in history from around the world. Just a few minutes ago, I've found a few more attempts - all from America. I can only assume these are all unsuccessful because I have two-factor...
  9. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful sign-in attempt: Hello. A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been. The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my...
  10. Login successful. Login unsuccessful...?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login successful. Login unsuccessful...?: Hi, I have this 'problem' every time I login on my computer. After writing my password and clicking the button welcome-screen flashes and then there comes a message saying something like: Logon successful. Last you logged on this account interactively was dd.mm.yyyy....