Windows 10: Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

Discus and support Unsuccessful sign-in attempt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by finlandsberet, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

Hello.

A few minutes ago I checked my sign-in history, and I was shocked to learn that there had been an unsuccessful sign-in attempt from somewhere in China. I'm not in China, nor have I ever been.

The incident happened last week, but I've been able to still sign in to my account every day since then.

Since it was an unsuccessful attempt, is my account still safe? Should I change my password to be on the safe side?

Here's a screenshot for reference:

Unsuccessful sign-in attempt 6406e7b4-af28-4d62-afa9-c4c58b25ef80?upload=true.png

:)

finlandsberet, Nov 5, 2020

2. My Identity has been stolen, please help

If they were unsuccessful that's OK. Its when they're successful that you have to immediately change your password. Two Step Verification is also a good thing to have whether the sign in attempt was successful or not *Smile

sportsfan148, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Unsuccessful sign-in from another country

Hello.

I recently decided to check my sign-in history, and I was disturbed to find a few days ago someone had tried to sign-in from another country. It was an unsuccessful attempt though, but I do wonder if my account is still safe.

Should I change my password, even though it's been days now since the attempt and nothing has happened to my account/device?

finlandsberet, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

fail to sign in Microsoft account to connect windows 10 instead of local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Step 1: Try Disconnecting from the Internet

• If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.

• If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.

Step 2

Try to sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the account.microsoft.com page.

If the sign-in is unsuccessful, then try to reset the password and check.

If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Unsuccessful sign-in attempt

1. Unsuccessful sign-in attempt - Similar Threads - Unsuccessful sign attempt

2. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  3. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  4. Unsuccessful Sign-In Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsuccessful Sign-In Question: Hello,Wondering if anyone might know what could cause an unsuccessful sign-in via Browser/app Internet Explorer. It's from my IP and the Session activity states "Incorrect password entered". This happened twice last month and I haven't seen that happen in the past. To my...
  5. Unsuccessful Sign-In Question

Unsuccessful Sign-In Question: Hello,Wondering if anyone might know what could cause an unsuccessful sign-in via Browser/app Internet Explorer. It's from my IP and the Session activity states "Incorrect password entered". This happened twice last month and I haven't seen that happen in the past. To my...
  6. Unsuccessful Sign-In Question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account: Throughout this entire week, numerous of my accounts have been hacked, or at least someone has attempted to hack them and some may have already been hacked that I don't know of. When I checked my microsoft recent activities there is a VERY long list of unsuccessful login...
  8. So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account

So many unsuccessful sign in attempts on my account: Throughout this entire week, numerous of my accounts have been hacked, or at least someone has attempted to hack them and some may have already been hacked that I don't know of. When I checked my microsoft recent activities there is a VERY long list of unsuccessful login...
  9. Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeing yet more "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts: Hello. Recently I posted about seeing several "unsuccessful sign-in" attempts in my sign-in history from around the world. Just a few minutes ago, I've found a few more attempts - all from America. I can only assume these are all unsuccessful because I have two-factor...
  10. Unsuccessful Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsuccessful Login Attempts: I’ve noticed starting the 19th of April that I’ve had a bunch of unsuccessful login attempts via IMAP. I clicked on them and it specifically says (I’m paraphrasing a bit) you don’t have to change your password you are secure. Every single one was unsuccessful. I have 2FA on...