Windows 10: Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app

Discus and support Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I need to install office 32-bit and before that, windows prompted to uninstall the current version, office 64-bit first which i did and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fion Chew, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Fion Chew Win User

Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app

Hi all, I need to install office 32-bit and before that, windows prompted to uninstall the current version, office 64-bit first which i did and also restarted the device but it still prompted the same message box informing to uninstall office-64 before 32-bit. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue so that i can install office 32-bit?

:)

Fion Chew, Aug 29, 2022

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 29, 2022
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Program will not fully uninstall

One possible reason why you can't uninstall this program is because it's still running. You can have it stopped first (from running) before uninstalling. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key and type in "task manager"
    • Click on Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
    • Look for the app you want to uninstall. Right-click on it and tick on
      End task
    • After doing this so, try to uninstall the app.

Let us know the outcome of this suggestion.

John Sarc, Aug 29, 2022
  4. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app - Similar Threads - Unsuccessful uninstallation program

2. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall programs and apps: I have two "update for windows 10 for x64 based system 340 kb" date is 5/27/2019kb4480730 2.51.0.0"update for windows 10 for x64 based system 812 kb date is 2/17/2022kb5001716 4.91.0.0 Are these or atleast one ok to delete?...
  3. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall programs and apps: I have two "update for windows 10 for x64 based system 340 kb" date is 5/27/2019kb4480730 2.51.0.0"update for windows 10 for x64 based system 812 kb date is 2/17/2022kb5001716 4.91.0.0 Are these or atleast one ok to delete?...
  4. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app: Hi all, I need to install office 32-bit and before that, windows prompted to uninstall the current version, office 64-bit first which i did and also restarted the device but it still prompted the same message box informing to uninstall office-64 before 32-bit. Does anyone...
  6. Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsuccessful uninstallation of program/ app: Hi all, I need to install office 32-bit and before that, windows prompted to uninstall the current version, office 64-bit first which i did and also restarted the device but it still prompted the same message box informing to uninstall office-64 before 32-bit. Does anyone...
  7. Cannot Uninstall a Program/Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Uninstall a Program/Apps: Hi and thank you in advance to anyone who took the time to answer my questions. I try to uninstall a program/game but windows stated that the files cannot be uninstalled because windows cannot find the file. Please refer to the picture below. Thank you for your time and...
  8. Empty App Icons in Uninstall Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty App Icons in Uninstall Programs: Hey Guys from Australia Recently I did a big cleanout of my C Drive by moving my Steam and Iwin games to my D Drive which does actually work and it freed up I think about 250 GIG of space. The only issue I had which was not really a big one was that I had to delete my Iwin...
  9. How to Uninstall Programs / Apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Programs / Apps?: There's a number of Programs / Apps that come with Windows 10 that I can't uninstall through the Add / Remove program area of the current control panel. How do I uninstall these programs? submitted by /u/blitz4 [link] [comments]...
  10. Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to uninstall App after unsuccessful reset: Hi there, I recently attempted to reset an App (The Outer Worlds) from the Microsoft Store. I had installed it and played for several hours, but it had trouble launching suddenly so I attempted to reset it. The reset attempt appears not to have worked. It removed the App...