Windows 10: Unsuccessful upgrade to Win 10 Pro. How do I revert back to my Home version?

Discus and support Unsuccessful upgrade to Win 10 Pro. How do I revert back to my Home version? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I just bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago with Win10 Home preinstalled. I wanted to upgrade to PRO. I used the new product key to upgrade but get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 666Joe, Jan 18, 2019.

1. 666Joe Win User

Unsuccessful upgrade to Win 10 Pro. How do I revert back to my Home version?

Hi

I just bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago with Win10 Home preinstalled.

I wanted to upgrade to PRO. I used the new product key to upgrade but get error message:

2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80070643

Now I'd like to revert back to my original Home version.

I created a recovery USB pen to revert back to Win10 Home just in case I needed to.

But I copied the Win10 Home USB recovery files to a desk top PC as I needed the USB for other things.

When I copied the recovery files back from the desktop PC to the USB pen and tried to recover the original Win10, I had an error message along the lines of "some component is missing".

1. How do I resolve the Win10Pro error 0x80070643

2. How do I revert back to my original Win10 Home, particularly as I didn't make a note of the product key and it's not on a sticker on the laptop?

Thanks

* Original title: Win10 Pro

:)

666Joe, Jan 18, 2019

2. Reverting back to win 10 Pro

This is what you said in your original post:

I was on OS win 7 ultimate and installed win 10 when it was launched and then HDD of 500 GB was changed to 1 TB and win 10 enterprise OS was installed in the changed drive. Now can I revert back to OS win
    10 pro

Now, you say you have Windows 7 Home Basic.

How were you expecting to activate Windows 10 Pro with a Windows 7 Home Basic key?

Please note: The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home ISO
    • Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro ISO

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2019
  3. mellaby Win User
    Win Pro reverted to Win home

I've been happy do clean installs of Win 10 till yesterday. When the latest update came out Win 10 1511, I decided to do it with a clean install (using the media creation tool) on my Win 10 Pro laptop. The clean install when in without a hitch but when
    I checked it's Activation it said it was Win 10 Home. I can't find a way to get it to revert back to Pro. I've done about 5 clean installs using this method and it's never done this before. Any suggestions?

mellaby, Jan 18, 2019
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it.

When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download.

Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a method that I can count on to upgrade to the Pro version?

56Kruiser, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Unsuccessful upgrade to Win 10 Pro. How do I revert back to my Home version? - Similar Threads - Unsuccessful upgrade Pro

2. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  3. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?: Installed Windows 10 Pro by mistake when attempting restore/recover. When I attempt to install Windows 10 Home the install reverts to Windows 10 Pro....
  4. How do I revert back to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version: I have a Windows 10 Professional full retail license which I previously used to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home but will shortly be replacing this old PC and want to reuse the Win 10 Pro license on a replacement PC.Can you explain the correct method for me to deactivate the...
  6. Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert Windows 10 Pro License to Home Version: I have a Windows 10 Professional full retail license which I previously used to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home but will shortly be replacing this old PC and want to reuse the Win 10 Pro license on a replacement PC.Can you explain the correct method for me to deactivate the...
  7. How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10

How do I revert back to my previous version of Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 has too many bugs for me. How do I revert back to my previous version until Microsoft gets version 2004 fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-revert-back-to-my-previous-version-of/050b6641-6b65-44d1-b850-a4466e708773
  8. how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-win-10-home-to-win-10-pro/79422b22-dcb0-49db-8c3e-78c41d0b4cb5
  9. How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...: I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903. The 3 computers with Win 10...
  10. How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have had continuous problems. Windows Live mail will barely function at all - just freezes every time I try to open it. IE 11 continually shows script errors despite disabling script debugging and I cannot print anything from the internet...