Windows 10: Unsucessful Recovery

Discus and support Unsucessful Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My daughter's Windows 10 laptop wasn't recognising its touchpad for some months or mouse since this morning, and I ended up trying to do a reset but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarraghDoherty, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Unsucessful Recovery

My daughter's Windows 10 laptop wasn't recognising its touchpad for some months or mouse since this morning, and I ended up trying to do a reset but for some reason this was unsucessful and it said my PC was not changed.

I then tried a clean boot. Whatever this did, the mouse and touchpad are both working now, but I can't log on. It didn't accept my PIN as correct, and when I try to reset it, I just get caught in a loop. It doesn't accept my password is correct it is, I use on another machine and won't allow this be changed. The Wifi is not picked up, there's just the option of Airplane Mode - I have tried putting in a dongle that works on another machine but it doesn't recognise that either, there's no port to connect to the router - so presumably if I change the password or PIN on the other machine, the laptop will be unaware of the new one.

Can you advise what to I can do? The reset screen doesn't seem to be able to help me and I am stuck on a log on page that keeps insisting that my password is wrong and yes, I've checked what I've typed carefully.

I've spent several hours on this and can't solve it, my daughter needs this for her distance based classes, and so it's quite urgent I've emailed the manufacturers but they're in China and I'm sure any solution will take several days with them.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me, my daughter is on the ASD spectrum and suffers anxiety about things like this.

Thanks

Darragh

:)

DarraghDoherty, Jan 11, 2021
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jan 11, 2021
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Jan 11, 2021
  4. tintin814 Win User

Unsucessful Recovery

Installation unsucessful

No, it's not installed. I tried to install it again after soft reset, at the end it shows"myphone-1.5.2410-wm-pro-touch.cab install unsucessful."

tintin814, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Unsucessful Recovery

1. Unsucessful Recovery - Similar Threads - Unsucessful Recovery

2. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  3. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  4. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  5. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  6. Windows Update unsucessful, how to proceed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update unsucessful, how to proceed?: The following update is failing to install:2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 or x6-based Systems...
  7. Windows Update unsucessful, how to proceed?

Windows Update unsucessful, how to proceed?: The following update is failing to install:2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 or x6-based Systems...
  8. Windows Update unsucessful, how to proceed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Update unsucessful and my PC is messed up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update unsucessful and my PC is messed up.: Updates tries to install in every boot up and then they restart and update and inform that it is unable to update and is rolling back and eventually messed up my whole system. I have installed a bunch of software and drivers for my PC and they are totally malfunctioning....
  10. Spotify login unsucessful

Spotify login unsucessful: All of a sudden I had logged out of Spotify and when I tried to login it said a firewall is blocking Spotify and that I could also change the proxy settings. what should I do?...