Windows 10: Unsupported SD Card format

Discus and support Unsupported SD Card format in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there!! I connected an SD Card and Windows tells me to format it if I want to use it. I need the data inside it, how can I do to transfer it's data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lukss_203, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Unsupported SD Card format

Hi there!! I connected an SD Card and Windows tells me to format it if I want to use it. I need the data inside it, how can I do to transfer it's data anywhere else or to use it safely without formatting?? Thanks, hoping this has solution!!!!

submitted by /u/Lukss_203
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lukss_203, Dec 21, 2019

2. Format SD Card

Hi! BarryKeane

I'm Marvin an Independent Advisor, and I will help you with your issue.

Try with this

Method 1. Run Diskpart to Format SD Card That Won't Format

Step 1. Press Windows key and R key at the same time, type cmd in the Run box, hit Enter to open the command prompt(cmd.exe).

Step 2. Type diskpart to run Diskpart Utility.

Step 3. Type list disk to list the drives on the computer.

Step 4. Type select disk 1 (The number should be replaced by the exact drive number of your SD card).

Step 5. Type clean to run the clean utility (this will wipe all data on the SD card so make sure you saved a copy or backup of the card data).

Step 6. Type create partition primary to create a new partition on the SD card.

Step 7. Type select partition 1 (it should be the newly created partition on step 6).

Step 8. Type active to make the partition active.

Step 9. Type format fs=ntfs (or format fs=fat32)to format the partition to the desired file system.

If you still having problems with this, I will be around to help you.

Regards.

MarvinStewart1, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Unable to format sd card

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you using an SD card reader? If yes, have you tried using another card reader?
    • Have you tried formatting the SD card using another computer?
    In the meantime, we suggest running a hardware diagnostics while your SD card is connected to the computer and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box, then select
      Troubleshooting
      from the search result.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices to run a hardware diagnostics.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Dec 21, 2019
  4. elimwong Win User

Unsupported SD Card format

How to Fix the Unsupported SD Card?

Sometimes, the smartphones fails to read the SD Card and displays the following notification: This device doesn't support this SD card. Tap to set up in a supported format. The "The SD card is Blank and it keeps asking format" problem mostly happens to
    Android phone SD cards, Camera SD cards, memory cards or other USB drives etc. It makes you be at a loss. When it occurs, do you know
    how to fix unsupported SD card?

elimwong, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Unsupported SD Card format

1. Unsupported SD Card format - Similar Threads - Unsupported Card format

2. Formating a micro SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating a micro SD card: Hi, Does anybody know how to format a micro SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-a-micro-sd-card/103f6f3f-4234-4391-918e-46dff548d7a2
  3. Error formating sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error formating sd card: Hello! So I have a corrupted 32gb sdhc card and I want to format it so I can use it again. But I can't format it. It says error completing format. The main error with command prompt and disk partition management is when I plug the card right in, the program stops responding...
  4. Formatting SD Card

Formatting SD Card: Hello, I have an SD Card of 64 GB storage space which my friend and I used as an external storage device. It has somehow become write protected. I cannot delete it's files. I've checked it's physical lock. How can I convert it to a normal SD Card or Format it completely...
  5. Formating a SD card

Formating a SD card: Hello, I am not a computer wizard.....can do some things but I cannot find out how to format a SD card - I have the adapter, with the SD card in, put into computer and laptop and nothing happens. Do I have to set up something - not sure what they are - the computer has only...
  6. Format SD Card

Format SD Card: I cannot format an SD Card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-sd-card/8177d725-b12d-4d1c-a799-efcb3df3c53f
  7. How to Fix the Unsupported SD Card?

How to Fix the Unsupported SD Card?: Sometimes, the smartphones fails to read the SD Card and displays the following notification: This device doesn't support this SD card. Tap to set up in a supported format. The "The SD card is Blank and it keeps asking format" problem mostly happens to Android phone SD cards,...
  8. Formatting a SD card with FAT32

Formatting a SD card with FAT32: I have a camera that requires a micro SD card with a USH-1 rating and U3 video level. The card I have is 128GB. The camera requires the card to be formatted with FAT32. When trying to format the card in Windows 10pro, the formatting options presented are NTFS and exFAT. I...
  9. Unable to Format SD Card

Unable to Format SD Card: Hello everyone, After scrounging the internet for the past two days and trying what I feel is almost everything I wanted to come here to ask for help. My micro SD card was acting up in my cell phone, so I decided to put it into my computer with its adapter, backup all my...
  10. SD card format problem

SD card format problem: I have a problem with formating my phones sd card. I've tried literaly everything (from formating it regularly or using cmd, to using third party apps), but it doesn't wan't to format. I really don't know what to do at this point hence the reason why I'm asking this question....