Windows 10: Unsure how to install WIN10 from FlashDrive

Discus and support Unsure how to install WIN10 from FlashDrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10, at least I believe I did. The below files are what is now on the Flashdrive. Files shown on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bcloonan, Jul 31, 2016.

1. bcloonan Win User

Unsure how to install WIN10 from FlashDrive

Hello,

I downloaded the ISO file for Windows 10, at least I believe I did. The below files are what is now on the Flashdrive.

Files shown on Flash Drive Win10.docx

I presume that I insert the Flashdrive into the PC before turning on. Then boot into the flashdrive...is that correct? Not sure if the attachment for this thread will appear.

There are nine files on the flash drive:
    1. boot
    2. efi
    3. sources
    4. support
    5. autorun
    6. bootmgr
    7. bootmgr.efi
    8. MediaMeta
    9. setup

My friend waited until the last minute to uprade from his WIN8.1 laptop to WIN10...said he was unable to complete the downloads for one reason or another. IMHO I think that he will have to bite the bullet and fork over $ now in order to install Windows 10.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Cheers and Beers to all!

:)

bcloonan, Jul 31, 2016
  2. XinWangYL Win User

Error "Oops, something went wrong" when trying to change local account to Microsoft account.

I created the installation media, but now I'm unsure of how to boot Windows 10. This is the image of the files from the flashdrive. I tried setup, but that brings me to redownloading windows 10 which I did a while back. I can't seem to find the troubleshooting
    option to allow me to reset my pc.
    Unsure how to install WIN10 from FlashDrive [​IMG]

XinWangYL, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Easy transfer?

I backed up my Win7 files using Easy Transfer onto a flashdrive and got rid of the PC. My new Win10 is asking how I want to open them. How DO I open them?

RobbieNash, Jul 31, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Jul 31, 2016
  5. bcloonan Win User
    @cereberus, will check it out later...thank you kindly.

bcloonan, Jul 31, 2016
  6. pcgeek11 Win User
    As of last night they were still activating without the assistive technologies...

pcgeek11, Jul 31, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Interesting.

cereberus, Jul 31, 2016
  8. Unsure how to install WIN10 from FlashDrive

I could be wrong, but the flash drive must be made bootable. You can't just copy the contents of the .iso to a flash drive.

DeaconFrost, Jul 31, 2016
  9. strollin Win User
    You only need to boot form the USB drive if you wish to do a clean install. If you wish to perform an upgrade, just plug in the USB drive and run setup from it.

strollin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unsure how to install WIN10 from FlashDrive - Similar Threads - Unsure install WIN10

2. Unsure on how to proceed.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unsure on how to proceed.: I recently bought a refurbished computer from Amazon; the computer works good except when it turns on it asks me to sign in to a school district and I have no option to sign in as someone else The school district is in another state and I simply have never been. I'm unsure...
  3. Unsure on how to proceed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure on how to proceed.: I recently bought a refurbished computer from Amazon; the computer works good except when it turns on it asks me to sign in to a school district and I have no option to sign in as someone else The school district is in another state and I simply have never been. I'm unsure...
  4. Unsure on how to proceed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Flashdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashdrive: Lost all text on document, while typing. Unable to reteive from fllash drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashdrive/c1ad865e-f6b3-44ae-896e-5ea23b955f9d
  6. Flashdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashdrive: Lost all text on document, while typing. Unable to reteive from fllash drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashdrive/c1ad865e-f6b3-44ae-896e-5ea23b955f9d
  7. Flashdrives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flashdrives: I can never get my flashdrive to pull up. What am I doing wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashdrives/447c0f4e-8e2b-4dc0-b395-33e535aaed5d
  8. Trying to make a Win10 flashdrive for a clean install, not sure what's going wrong.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to make a Win10 flashdrive for a clean install, not sure what's going wrong.: submitted by /u/meteoritehunter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hg5mky/trying_to_make_a_win10_flashdrive_for_a_clean/
  9. Boot Windows 10 from Flashdrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot Windows 10 from Flashdrive: Our company disabled USB port functionality by editing this registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR". With this disabled, I was curious if you would still be able to boot to USB in BIOS? submitted by /u/mattymest [link] [comments]...
  10. cannot install/update windows on a flashdrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot install/update windows on a flashdrive: a few weeks ago i bought a Samsung SSD. Through Samsung duplicatorprogram i have copied windows 10 onto the new hd. When i want to update my windows 10 to update 1803, my pc tells me that it cannot be installed on a "flash"-drive. What should i do to get it rite?...